Total War Heaven » Forums » Rome: Total War Discussion » Campaign: RtR Romans
Bottom
Topic Subject:Campaign: RtR Romans
« Previous Page  1 2 3  Next Page »
Scipii
TWH Seraph
posted 27 March 2007 10:17 EDT (US)         
Ave Senators,

The campaign for a civilised world has only just began Senators, the year is only 280 BC and Phyrrus looms at our borders. Our Latin confederacy is confronted by enemies along our borders, the Gauls are still capable of wrecking havoc throughout our great lands, the Greek colonies loom to the south of our confederacy, Carthage has a foothold in the Mediterranian and Illyrian pirates threaten our shores...

Noble Senators I Call Apon You... We Must Act Against Anyone Who Threatens Our Independence, Republic Government and Honour... The Republic Requires Your Wise And Noble Knowledge To Guide Her Through These Moments In Our Glourius History... So Rise Up!!! Rise Up!!! And Support Your Republic!!!

So Noble Senators You Wish to Know What This Is? Well fellow Senators I will tell you... This thread is a roleplaying campaign where the forum frequenters can act as Senators, hurray! You will have direct imput over what exactly happens in my campaign as you are the SENATE!

Whenever the Republic is presented with dilemmas I, Consul Scipii, will bring them before you, the Senate. What I demand from you noble senators is the noble and wise judgement of you all... Although of course you are allowed to discuss the actions, or future actions the Republic should proceed doing, not just simply the choices I the noble Consul of Rome present to you, the wise Senate...

Guidelines
1. Address your Fellow Senators
Nothing serious but if your going to roleplay as my Senate please talk how Senators might... thanks!

2. Voting On Plans
The Senate can propose a strategy for the Republic to furfil... Say Senator Scipii wishes to raise a legion:

Motion 1: Yes, Raise a new legion for the Republic...
Motion 2: No, The Republic does not require a new legion...

(TRY TO BE REALISTIC in things you propose. Do not ask that rome invades Partha while rome doesn't even have Italy under control for example. This aar can only work if everyone cooperates)

3. Traits
your senators may develop traits over time, I may become a warmonger and wish to wage war on everyone who opposes Rome... Feel free to give us some knowledge of your character to help us understand his position, just try to keep it short since we are discussing moves for my Romans to make and stuff.

Regards,
Consul Scipii

Currently Awaiting the Senates Wishes...

AuthorReplies:
LagBroWJ
Legionary
posted 04 April 2007 14:09 EDT (US)     51 / 72       
I have no idea how this works so i am going to give it a shot...

Aye...expand Roman lands into Iberia

Celtic_Warlord
Legionary
posted 04 April 2007 14:16 EDT (US)     52 / 72       
Greetings Senators once again from Celtic_Warlord

I have been ill for a few days and havn't been able to come to the forums or the baths and even to these Senatorial meetings. (i have been ill with flu. Damn you flu.). Yet i see without me the campaigns have continued for a long while with the conquest of Greece and Gaul and even Iberia. Forgive me as i am not entirely up to date but an idea (if this hasn't been carried out) would be to start making our way to the Isle of Britain, sure they have been fairly neutral in the campaign but they may have armies to challange the might of Rome.

My regards to all

LagBroWJ
Legionary
posted 04 April 2007 14:19 EDT (US)     53 / 72       
Senator Celtic i give my best wishes to you and your health. May you recover fast. I suggest fighting a one front war so conquering Iberia and then swiftly pulling back all the troops into Gaul and striking eastward would be the best idea.
blaster fodder
Legionary
posted 04 April 2007 15:58 EDT (US)     54 / 72       
Senator Scipii. I here by volunteer to lead a campaign into selucia. We have help fromn the ptomelcs, as long as we allow them to keep there soverntighy under roman rule. All I ask is for anoth legion, give or take. For my legion is week, and underpowered. FOR THE POWER AND GLORY OF ROME!

Lost in a roman...wilderness of pain
And all the children are insane
New Roman
Legionary
posted 04 April 2007 19:45 EDT (US)     55 / 72       
Senators if it is your wish I to will aid fellow General Blaster Fodder in an attack on the Selucid dogs. Their tyrany must not go unchecked, may Roman ways be spread throughout their lands for all eternity.

(The Senator takes his seat)

blaster fodder
Legionary
posted 04 April 2007 20:58 EDT (US)     56 / 72       
(Letter from Antioch)
Fellow Senators, My legion that was stationed in Halicarnarsess, was attacked by those barbaric seleucids, and I had no choice to attack. I took antioch, and the rest of Asia minor, Icluding Cyprus Island. I need help taking the nile. The ptolmecs.... died, I need Senetor New Romans help in taking it. I have hired a full unit of Merc war elephants. 63 to be exact. I will be waiting in Anitoch, I NEED MORE SOLDIARS. I have had the same amount of soldiars, way back from my Macedonian Camaigns, and have been forced to hire local mercenarys. Please Help!
Sincerely General Blaster fodder.

New Roman
Legionary
posted 04 April 2007 23:05 EDT (US)     57 / 72       
Senator Blaster Fodder,
I will gladly assist in taking the Nile. As you read this I will be leaving my post in Athens accompanied by 2 ,well trained legions. With our combined might the Roman Empire knows no boundarys.

See you in Antioch,
New Roman

blaster fodder
Legionary
posted 05 April 2007 10:03 EDT (US)     58 / 72       
Thanks the gods senetor. My legion is well equiped for desert warfare however and your legion my need some........getting used to, so train them hard, feed them well, and treat them good for there is some good fighting ahead.

New Roman
Legionary
posted 05 April 2007 19:04 EDT (US)     59 / 72       
In a letter from the Island of Cyprus

Put your trust in me senator, my men are ready for battle. No matter where the battle is my mens hearts will always be in Rome

Yours Truely

New Roman

blaster fodder
Legionary
posted 06 April 2007 08:21 EDT (US)     60 / 72       
Letter to new roman.
Yes I trust you, we are under relentless attack, and I was lucky to get this letter through to you, PLEASE SEND MORE REINFORCEMENTS!

New Roman
Legionary
posted 07 April 2007 00:29 EDT (US)     61 / 72       
Senator, I have some bad news, my fleet was knocked off course by a storm while travleing to the Island off Cyprus. We have landed near an old Greek settlement which has ensured us Antioch is only about 2 weeks away. I also have good news, i was abled to hire nearly 500 Hoplite Warriors. I think they will help us in the weeks to come.

New Roman

blaster fodder
Legionary
posted 09 April 2007 18:26 EDT (US)     62 / 72       
That is very mixed news indeed, senator,but I shall wait.

GaiusOctavius
Banned
posted 09 April 2007 20:00 EDT (US)     63 / 72       
Ave Senators. I come to you with a heavy heart. I have recently been appointed by the people of Sicily(my ancestral homeland) to represent them in the Senate as their advocate. We find our shipping lanes constantly interrupted by the Carthaginians and their Numidian allies. Several of our peaceful fishing villages have been attacked and many are missing, but I fear they have been taken to slavery in Africa.

We are a peaceful people here Senators, but this transgression on our homes cannot be tolerated any longer! I request permission, Senate, to raise legions from among my lands to combat the arrogant Carthage. However, we are a poor people, and unexperienced in war. We humbly request legions from the warrior heart of Italy herself to fight with us and give our men true soldiers to look up to.

Please assist us Senators, I fear that Carthage is up to something dangerous, and that without aid Sicily will be the first to fall.

Thank you humbly,

Gaius Octavius of Sicily

[This message has been edited by GaiusOctavius (edited 04-09-2007 @ 08:01 PM).]

Leo IV
Legionary
(id: leonadas_IV)
posted 09 April 2007 21:01 EDT (US)     64 / 72       
In light of Gauius' words i Make a motion in this senete of this freedom loveing people that we send FIVE legions down to Africa to crush these Carthiginan scum once and for all. If we let these people who have plaged our ancestors, as the persions plauged mine, then we will find them on our dorsteep, as my ansestors found. The eternal city of rome is thretened, the Fredom of this people it threatend, Our culture, way of life are threatened, our Relgion and Famils are thretened. I ask is there a Man that is so base as to say that he will alow his family, his home and his Freinds to be threatened and not protect his family. I hope not.

His Humble Leonidas IV of Sparta

LEO IV
Pugna Concusio ~ Fight the Oppression
Army Commander

[This message has been edited by Leonadas_IV (edited 04-09-2007 @ 09:01 PM).]

GaiusOctavius
Banned
posted 09 April 2007 23:15 EDT (US)     65 / 72       
I thank you Leonidas. I regret that the Persian desecration of your motherland and not peace has brought you to my side.

I hope that the Senate finds it wise to send the requested five legions to Sicily. I have consulted with the local leaders on this humble island and we will be able to raise another four legions of our own brave men. I have also contacted some friends on Corsica and Sardinia and they are also fed up with the Carthaginians and have pledged auxiliaries of about a legion's strength.

There is more troubling news that I am required to deliver to the Senate. Just days ago, while I was making my journey from Rome, the village of my birth was razed in a Carthaginian raid. My father, Gaius Lucius Regius, the same man that served in Rome's legions and gained citizenship for my family was murdered by Carthaginian blades. I am grieving, and I thirst for revenge. When I was a child, my father taught me in the ways of war. It is with this heavy heart that I ask for personal command of our legions in the campaign against traitorous Carthage.

Consul Scipii, I beg you for your support. It is only a matter of time before Carthage realizes we are defenseless and try to take our island from us. We will fight like dogs for our home and the Republic that has protected us in the past.

I await the Senate's decision and am thankful for the audience.

Gaius Octavius, People's Governor of Sicily.

New Roman
Legionary
posted 10 April 2007 03:33 EDT (US)     66 / 72       
Alas senator Blaster Fodder I bear great news. My legions and I are a mear two days march from Antioch. Perpare and mobilize your troop for the march ahead.

New Roman

GaiusOctavius
Banned
posted 10 April 2007 20:07 EDT (US)     67 / 72       
Senators, I beg you *I get down on my knees* We desperately need the support of Rome's legions. Please let us know if we can count on your five legions to lead our attack upon mighty Carthage. If there is no support to be had I fear our lands will be overrun, our men slaughtered, and our women and children taken to be slaves.

PLEASE assist us Senators, our poor soldiers will surely be defeated if we do not have help!

*With head lowered in sadness and fear I leave the Senate chamber, anxiously awaiting news of aid*

Leo IV
Legionary
posted 10 April 2007 20:26 EDT (US)     68 / 72       
That is It, I will no longer tolerate the senate doing nothing on this issue. I Request that the wanted assistance, be granted, We cant let these citizens of the republic be so horibly desecrated.

let us Finish the anceint enemy once and for all, They will never tire in harasing us, and causing our good People trouble and heartache. if we Do not help these people then they are better of without us. I myself am preparing to go down to organize some defences on the island of scicily, in particular the City of Lilybaeum, and Arginteno. Now i Ask Who is with me, or who is prepared to face the carthiginans at romes gates, the heads of our men on there pikes. I for one am not Willing to allow this to happen.

LEO IV
Army Commander
GaiusOctavius
Banned
posted 10 April 2007 21:44 EDT (US)     69 / 72       
Thank you Leonidas, it is good to know that not all the Senate is willing to sit by as an enemy of the Republic is stalking like a starving wolf. Your forces are welcome in my land, my legions and the Corsican auxilia are stationed in Syracuse, awaiting the construction of transports to take us to Africa with or without the Senate's support.

I regret to inform you that my own naval forces will only be able to provide you with safe passage a few miles from our coast. Most of our long-range navy have been worn down through Carthaginian attrition. The addition of your men to Sicily's defenses should reinforce us enough that a Carthaginian assault will be delayed a few months and hopefully we will have the support of the Senate by then. If not then we will have to make war on Carthage ourselves. I cannot allow them to continue their trespassing and destruction of Sicilian lands.

Once again Leonidas I thank you for your support. May your phalanxes hold the Carthaginian lines while my legions encircle them and send them to their heathen gods with your spear and my sword united.

Leo IV
Legionary
posted 10 April 2007 23:16 EDT (US)     70 / 72       
There is no need to thank a brother in arms for doing his duty, but i am thankful for the gatitude. If only others of the senate would think the same. Already i have gathered 3 units of Mercenary phalages, to be suported by my roman soldiers and slingers, and I hope my forces do not arive to late to help in this onslaught.

LEO IV
Army Commander
GaiusOctavius
Banned
posted 11 April 2007 00:30 EDT (US)     71 / 72       
For the moment my coast is secure, but I fear that only means the Carthaginians are preparing for an invasion. I hope as well that you arrive in time to stave off an assault (they will know because they have spies in my lands, yet they seem to always slip away from my men). My navies cannot keep the Carthaginian fleet from landing on Sicily, but I believe that with our superior knowledge of our land, we will be able to bleed them until help arrives.

I only hope that the Senate sees how dire the situation is and sends all they can spare.

Leonidas when you come ashore, I shall embrace you and welcome you into my family as a brother.

Scipii
TWH Seraph
posted 14 April 2007 12:18 EDT (US)     72 / 72       
THIS WORLD IS ROMAN!!! funnily enough it is amazing how much land a Roman can conquer on a one week holiday... THIS WORLD IS ROMAN NOW! amazing how much money one can amass as well, had 1,000,000 denarlii coming in each turn. Ended up with 100 legions, 75 family members, everything upgraded to max and so on.

I'll have to work on getting my even more interactive RTR platnium campaign up. Anyone got any ideas on which faction the next intereactive campaign should be on? although bear in mind you probally will get a chance to play a part in the campaign by actually playing the campaign yourself if I manage to work out a system that will work well enough to allow that.

Regards,
Scipii

p.s: BRING ON THE NEW CAMPAIGN!!!! FOR THIS LAND IS ROMAN!!! mmm... Rome my fav faction.

« Previous Page  1 2 3  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Total War Heaven | HeavenGames