You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Rome: Total War Discussion
Moderated by Terikel Grayhair, General Sajaru, Awesome Eagle

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.11 replies
Total War Heaven » Forums » Rome: Total War Discussion » Play campaign with Greek cities
Bottom
Topic Subject:Play campaign with Greek cities
Professor90
Legionary
posted 13 April 2007 09:58 EDT (US)         
Hi!
Is it possible to play Campaign with Greek cities? Or can you somehow train hoplites in the Brutii campaign... I conquered Greek cities but there are no hoplites available to train and I would like to fight with them=\
Which add-ons do you recommend? Is Rome Total War Realism 6.0 Gold Patch OK?? And how about atg_spartanpack_1.2?

Thanks for your reply!!

[This message has been edited by Professor90 (edited 04-13-2007 @ 10:35 AM).]

AuthorReplies:
Celtic_Warlord
Legionary
posted 13 April 2007 10:44 EDT (US)     1 / 11       
Hmmm... You can play the Greek Cities on the Imperial campaign. Are you sure you conquered them, did you get a message saying faction destoryed? The only way to get hoplites as the Brutii is to recruit mercenaries.
LagBroWJ
Legionary
posted 13 April 2007 10:58 EDT (US)     2 / 11       
You can play the as te greeks in the campaign with a little altering of the text files

And if you want realism get Rome Total Realism Platinum Edition version 1.8

Professor90
Legionary
posted 13 April 2007 11:07 EDT (US)     3 / 11       
So when I DESTROY the Greek faction I can start as them from the beginning? Because now I can only start with one of three Roman families...
versalife
Legionary
posted 13 April 2007 13:37 EDT (US)     4 / 11       
First u have to win the game playing for romans and then u'll have an option to choose Greaks and many of the others to play for.
Celtic_Warlord
Legionary
posted 13 April 2007 14:15 EDT (US)     5 / 11       
Oh yeah, i forgot about that. If you win a short campaign as a roman family all factions unlock.
versalife
Legionary
posted 13 April 2007 14:41 EDT (US)     6 / 11       
not all of them unlock to unlock all u need to move fractions from unplayble to playble folder
Celtic_Warlord
Legionary
posted 13 April 2007 15:30 EDT (US)     7 / 11       
No, i mean the unclockable ones. Which you unlock.
lmao
Legionary
posted 13 April 2007 15:34 EDT (US)     8 / 11       
The Greeks are a great faction, have fun playing as them, just don't try to use their Hoplites out of phalanx since even Armoured Hoplites and Spartan Hoplites are a little sub-par compared to Roman swordsmen.

Imagination is more important than knowledge - Einstein
Octavium
Legionary
posted 13 April 2007 15:57 EDT (US)     9 / 11       
Spartan Hoplite are 'a little under-par'. That's insane, a phalanx unit out of phalanx even competing.

They are just too good.

lmao
Legionary
posted 13 April 2007 16:44 EDT (US)     10 / 11       
Spartans as swordsmen do not compare with Praetorians or Urbans. That was what I was saying.

Imagination is more important than knowledge - Einstein
SubRosa
Legionary
posted 13 April 2007 21:21 EDT (US)     11 / 11       
Ave Professor! There is a simple mod to unlock all the factions in the game. Go here if you have Rome Total War version 1.2, or here if you have version 1.5.

If you like playing Greeks, I also recommend the Extended Greek Mod, which has a forum here and can be downloaded here. It adds a larger map, new units, changes many factions, plus other things.

You can also poke through the Mod Downloads for Greek things. There are plenty of mods that add individual and groups of new Greek units.

[This message has been edited by SubRosa (edited 04-13-2007 @ 11:54 PM).]

You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Total War Heaven | HeavenGames