You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Rome: Total War Discussion
Moderated by Terikel Grayhair, General Sajaru, Awesome Eagle

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.9 replies
Total War Heaven » Forums » Rome: Total War Discussion » Urgent help needed!!!!!
Bottom
Topic Subject:Urgent help needed!!!!!
Vilius
Legionary
posted 13 April 2007 11:29 EDT (US)         
If someone was cursed with only the orginal RTW and has no access to the internet outside of work, is there anything on this earth he could do to stop the clock on the battles? In the campaign that is. I want to play without the time limit if possible!!!!

HELP URGENTLY REQUIRED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Or I will be forced to march my armies again...

AuthorReplies:
BeerMatt
Legionary
(id: Olondi)
posted 13 April 2007 11:33 EDT (US)     1 / 9       
Fantastic definition of "urgent". What would you do if your house was on fire?

(PS: it's in the Campaign options settings: Battle Timer on/off toggle)

-+- Non sequiturs and weak puns a speciality -+-
Vilius
Legionary
posted 13 April 2007 11:37 EDT (US)     2 / 9       
THAT OPTION IS NOT ON THE CAMPAIGN OPTIONS!!!!!!!!

P.S: If house was on fire I'd scramble to save my pc then call the emerangcy service d'ah!!!!

BeerMatt
Legionary
(id: Olondi)
posted 13 April 2007 11:46 EDT (US)     3 / 9       
Feel free to use a single exclamation mark and lower case letters.

Bearing in mind I am at work, not in front of my own PC with RTW installed and an alt-tab away, I would say from memory that it's in the options when you start a campaign, at the same point as you choose Easy / Medium / Hard / V Hard. Failing that, it'll be in the options on the Battle Map. Or maybe not.

Anyway, it's there somewhere. Go and find it, and you'll feel a much better person for it.

-+- Non sequiturs and weak puns a speciality -+-
Octavium
Legionary
posted 13 April 2007 16:07 EDT (US)     4 / 9       
I think it isn't, as I remember from re-installing RTW a week ago it isn't there until you get a couple of patches. Hence his no internet point.

The number of times I have abused the no time limit when being besieged...

...having said that, sometimes you want them to run out of time.

SubRosa
Legionary
posted 13 April 2007 21:27 EDT (US)     5 / 9       
From the Campaign Map, press Escape, go to Game Options, and you will see a No Battle Time Limit option you can check or uncheck as you wish.
Ar_Kai
Legionary
posted 13 April 2007 23:21 EDT (US)     6 / 9       
Not in the original version you can't, SubRosa. Villius, sorry, but there is no way to turn off the timer in 1.0.
SubRosa
Legionary
posted 13 April 2007 23:49 EDT (US)     7 / 9       
Ouch. Then my suggestion Vilius is to have a friend with an internet connection download the patches for you and burn them to a disc or put them on a jump drive for you. Though now that I think of it, if you upgrade the version level your save games from the old version will probably not work.

[This message has been edited by SubRosa (edited 04-13-2007 @ 11:51 PM).]

Severous
Legionary
posted 14 April 2007 02:37 EDT (US)     8 / 9       
Calm. Peace man.

The advice is right.

In addition Patch to V1.3 (125meg) and V1.5 (20+meg)is recommended to get the best official fixed version of the game. Thats what I did with my V1.0.

Get those patches installed once you complete (or stop) a campaign. This is just incase the save is no longer compatable.

V1.5 also gets you loads of multiplayer games. 95%+ of games are V1.5

Battle timer. I prefer it on. There are times when I want more time so it forces me to rush. At other times I exploit it and play for time. For me the balance is way in favour of having the timer in operation..all the time (if you forgive the pun).

March those armies and kick some backsides whether you get patched or not. gl

theresa mays toe
Legionary
(id: GREEK SCAVENGER)
posted 14 April 2007 07:05 EDT (US)     9 / 9       
Ok, I can help you "creep" into the game files and edit some things I will write a brief insturction.

The great part is that Scab is apparently among such people. Yes. Greek Scab. My minion. -Stormraider

"Please don't grind on my wench and herr" - Bleedteals sister, asking me and herr not to grind her but mispelling

If he's not trolling I'll strip myself naked, paint myself green, and cheer for Ireland. -Coldviper. I'm still waiting for the proof....
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Total War Heaven | HeavenGames