Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.4 replies
Total War Heaven » Forums » Rome: Total War Discussion » Diplomats
Bottom
Topic Subject:Diplomats
versalife
Legionary
posted 13 April 2007 13:03 EDT (US)         
Sometimes when my diplomat tries to make a deal and other fraction does not agree then he (diplomat) looses all it's traits.
I play Rome: Eras (Rome Gold).
Is it a common problem.
Does any one know how to fix it?
Thanks.
AuthorReplies:
Legionary_994
Legionary
posted 13 April 2007 15:29 EDT (US)     1 / 4       
Offer them trade rights and ask for map info.

I believe you are asking for alliances? If so then you need to be respected enough throughout the world as well as trusted enough. For example, as the Greeks, at the start hardly anyone will ally you because you aren't respected, whereas, as Rome, you are respected.

"I think the lesson here is: It doesn't matter where you're from, as long as we're all the same religion." - Peter Griffin

Danish Dreams
Severous
Legionary
posted 13 April 2007 19:32 EDT (US)     2 / 4       
Hello versalife

Annoying when that happens. Diplomat losses a wreath of influence..or more than one.

This isnt a bug to be fixed though. Its how the game works.

A failed a negotiation and his reputation has sufferred. Theres no detail in diplomacy mechanics to know how to avoid this. Perhaps not asking for things that are unresonable....but how to decide whats reasonable?

Conversly..if your diplomat pays a big bribe he is likely to go up in influence.

borgatrix
Legionary
posted 15 April 2007 04:47 EDT (US)     3 / 4       
The way to avoid this is to make sure that every diplomatic relation ends on a good note. Therefore, when asking for something and getting turned down, before closing the negotiation/diplomatic menu, click on "offer a single payment." Enter 100 or 50 dinerii and offer it as a gift. IF the computer accepts (sometimes they won't), the negociation has ended on a positive note, hence no lost wreathes.
Severous
Legionary
posted 15 April 2007 05:05 EDT (US)     4 / 4       
I will try that next time. I would like it to be true.

I dont think thats how it works on my version though. When rejected the damage has been done and loss of influence has occured already.

I too give 100 denarii gifts to hopefully maintain/develop good relations but they dont seem to help influence. A large dollop of cash gifted to someone might.

You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Total War Heaven | HeavenGames