Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.6 replies
Total War Heaven » Forums » Rome: Total War Discussion » Experience
Bottom
Topic Subject:Experience
versalife
Legionary
posted 13 April 2007 13:17 EDT (US)         
Don't u guys think that it takes too long for units to gain experience?
Usually I don't get any gold units playing entire campane game till the end.
I think the game is not balanced here properly.
And one question:
"Been meaning to ask this for a while, if say a unit is 99% towards getting another exp chevron and the battle ands, in the next battle the unit is in will it just take the 1% or will the unit have to start all over again?" was asked by Carthage but nobody answered.
Thanks.
AuthorReplies:
Legionary_994
Legionary
posted 13 April 2007 15:20 EDT (US)     1 / 6       
That's strange, nearly every battle I have fought and even more that I have auto-resolved, my units gain experience, in auto-resolve they seem to gain a bit more, probably because the comp takes longer to beat an opponent in melee.

And I believe that the unit exp percentage is retained, ie: 99% of a chevron gained in one battle and next only 1% needed to get to the next exp level.

"I think the lesson here is: It doesn't matter where you're from, as long as we're all the same religion." - Peter Griffin

Danish Dreams
Maximus_Decimus9
Legionary
posted 13 April 2007 18:19 EDT (US)     2 / 6       
It's based on the individual soldiers in the unit, not the unit as a whole. But I've had one general gain 6 Chevrons in one battle and 3 more the next running down Julii routers. Use the general in that way and I've found they can reach over 1,000 kills with 50 men. That's how my cavalry usually get most of the kills.
Dr Grip
Legionary
posted 13 April 2007 20:41 EDT (US)     3 / 6       
In my Juliu campagin (completed), the best I ever got was one gold Chevron. But he was a general and he soon died after that... Now I'm playing my Greek campagin, the best is an Armoured Hoplite with only 3 bronze Chevrons - and that is only because I retrained them in a city with an Awsome temple of Nike. But I've only got about 25 provinces so hopefully I'll get more experience soon.

This is the best signature ever!
Maximus_Decimus9
Legionary
posted 14 April 2007 00:14 EDT (US)     4 / 6       
You also don't want to dilute units. I've begun to implement Severous' strategy of using the highest expirence unit to refill units that have been killed off but not destroyed. That's how he claims to get such high expirence units. That, and an amazing battlefield instinct.
Legionary_994
Legionary
posted 14 April 2007 01:19 EDT (US)     5 / 6       
I use his method too, when I have a damaged Silver Chevroned unit and a damaged (or not) unit with higher (or lower) experience, I merge them to make one smaller and the other full and more experienced.

"I think the lesson here is: It doesn't matter where you're from, as long as we're all the same religion." - Peter Griffin

Danish Dreams
Severous
Legionary
posted 14 April 2007 02:54 EDT (US)     6 / 6       
Sound off if anyone is unclear how to do this. Its not entirly without fault...and it takes time...real time..to remember to get the most of this.
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Total War Heaven | HeavenGames