Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.3 replies
Total War Heaven » Forums » Rome: Total War Discussion » killing ze germans
Bottom
Topic Subject:killing ze germans
carthaginians
Legionary
posted 14 April 2007 03:24 EDT (US)         
what is the most effective way of EXTERMINATING these annoying people? im the julii rite now and sadly pre marius...i should get a reform soon. my carthage is huge! :] uhmm ok back to the topic...i know elephants arent really effective just because all germanic armies ive encountered had at least 2 spearmen and i elephants just fells after just charging at these spearmen. I mean they didn't even break the line. my cavalry had no time to flank the spearmen because they had like a million berzerkers and warlords...i mean seriously. (note that this was two full stacks and another half stack with faction leader) well...i lost because it was like 2500 to 500!!! help
AuthorReplies:
Ar_Kai
Legionary
posted 14 April 2007 03:36 EDT (US)     1 / 3       
Use fire at will for hastati and principes. Make sure to they use all their pila before engaging spearmen. If necessary, retreat them slighty. Have tons of archers, they are especially effective against berserkers.

Mass cavalry to take out enemy horsemen and archers. Where possible, avoid hand-to-hand combat with berserkers. Actually, avoid it at all costs.

Good Luck

theresa mays toe
Legionary
(id: GREEK SCAVENGER)
posted 14 April 2007 07:01 EDT (US)     2 / 3       
what is the most effective way of EXTERMINATING these annoying people?

I hope that you mean the German AI in the game, because if you mean the Germans are annoying then you will have me to deal with! (JK!)

The great part is that Scab is apparently among such people. Yes. Greek Scab. My minion. -Stormraider

"Please don't grind on my wench and herr" - Bleedteals sister, asking me and herr not to grind her but mispelling

If he's not trolling I'll strip myself naked, paint myself green, and cheer for Ireland. -Coldviper. I'm still waiting for the proof....
Yuri Andropov
Legionary
posted 14 April 2007 07:33 EDT (US)     3 / 3       
Me too, even though I'm not German, I have many friends who are.

When it comes to wreaking havoc on the Germanic tribes, you can use something very useful called firepower. Get some artillery and lots of nice Roman archers. These will enable to cut down the lightly armoured Germans with ease.

Surrender!
You mean you wish to surrender to me? Very well, I accept!
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Total War Heaven | HeavenGames