You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Rome: Total War Discussion
Moderated by Terikel Grayhair, General Sajaru, Awesome Eagle

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.5 replies
Total War Heaven » Forums » Rome: Total War Discussion » Computer to handle the best graphics possible in RTW
Bottom
Topic Subject:Computer to handle the best graphics possible in RTW
versalife
Legionary
posted 14 April 2007 08:04 EDT (US)         
Hi everyone!

How powerful computer has to be in order to handle the best graphics possible in RTW (including the highest pack size)

Lets say 2000 against 2000 fighting on a bridge

AuthorReplies:
Carthage
Legionary
posted 14 April 2007 11:47 EDT (US)     1 / 5       
I have:

2.24 Ghz P4 processer
512 RAM
Fx5200 Graphics card

and I can run on medium-high settings onlarge battles with very little lag.

Carthage
And beyond, green fields under a swift sunrise
Oh well, thats not so bad, is it?
No, no it's not

Proud joint winner of the M2TWH Saladin award
LagBroWJ
Legionary
posted 14 April 2007 12:09 EDT (US)     2 / 5       
I almost have an identical Desktop system to you Carthage. But it is a family computer so i dont play on it and it has tons of files so it is laggy as hell so i play on my laptop which is not one of the best gaming things around

AMD Anthlon 64
512 RAM
Gefroce440MX

It sucks to be poor

versalife
Legionary
posted 14 April 2007 14:01 EDT (US)     3 / 5       
I have 2.16 Duo 1GB DDR2, 128 MB GeForce Go

And still I cannot play with the best graphics and largest unit pack size I want. If I have too many people involved in a battle then everything gets too slow and starts lagging.

[This message has been edited by versalife (edited 04-14-2007 @ 02:02 PM).]

GaiusOctavius
Banned
posted 14 April 2007 14:43 EDT (US)     4 / 5       
I run a 1.8 Core Duo, 1 gig RAM Dell Latitude D820 laptop with an integrated Intel 945/50 graphics processor.

Not amazing, but it lets me play on huge scale with medium graphics except for high effect detail and it only lags when I speed up a high number battle or gets really bad when I have around 8000 people on screen.

SubRosa
Legionary
posted 14 April 2007 19:56 EDT (US)     5 / 5       
I have a 1.8 ghz CoreDuo, 4 gb of dual channel DDR2 (667 mhz), and a GeForce 7600 GT. I play at 1024 x 768, 32 bit, on huge scale with almost everything turned up (I leave off the smoke & dust because I do not like it, and leave off the gloss as well), and anti-aliasing at Low. It runs fine for battles of 2-3k soldiers per side, but it starts to slow down in sieges and in battles with larger armies. I had a battle with an army of 2,700 vs 9,000, and I had to turn the AA and everything else off for it to run with any measure of smoothness.

Something to keep in mind that a good gaming rig is not only about buying the best hardware, but making the most with what you have by keeping your computer a lean, well-tuned machine. Defrag on a regular basis, prevent programs from starting automatically with windows, things like that. Tweak3D and Tweak Guides are good places to look for step-by-step help in doing that.

You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Total War Heaven | HeavenGames