You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Rome: Total War Discussion
Moderated by Terikel Grayhair, General Sajaru, Awesome Eagle

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.10 replies
Total War Heaven » Forums » Rome: Total War Discussion » Julii almost destroyd by gaul
Bottom
Topic Subject:Julii almost destroyd by gaul
darth_roman
Legionary
posted 14 April 2007 14:28 EDT (US)         
I'm playing as scipii and i'm like 20 years in the game(i'm playing mundus magnus). I only conquerd sicaly and carthago(the battle for the carthagian city on sically has taken verry long I lost a lot of troops there). The brutii has like 4 city's. But the jullii has not expended exept that the have genoa(segesta) and Caralis. The gaul have taken there capital i forgot the name. and bashing the Julii to crap. has this ever happend to somebody?
because if they destroy the julii they wil certainly take rome. And if this will happen before the civil war breaks out can i attack the brutii? And what wil happen to europe? who will be the dominant force there whit the julii gone?

speculate

AuthorReplies:
versalife
Legionary
posted 14 April 2007 14:34 EDT (US)     1 / 10       
I've never had anything like that.
If they take Rome then retake it from them...

I guess then u won't have to fight with Brutii and should just hold 50 regions to win

GaiusOctavius
Banned
posted 14 April 2007 14:48 EDT (US)     2 / 10       
What is this mundus magnus map and where can i get it?

While playing as Macedon in RTR i alsmost saw the Romans taken out by the Gauls, but i never got far enough to see total loss.

Chamox
Legionary
posted 14 April 2007 14:49 EDT (US)     3 / 10       
It happened to me as well in my Brutii Campaign. The Julii were getting their butts kicked by the gauls until the Julii only had Ariminum, and the islands of Caralis and Palma. I thought for a second, what if the Gauls grew too much in power and then took Rome and Capua from the Scipii? Next on the road was me!

So what I did was to send a couple of spies and assassins to assist the Julii in their return to conquer their cities back. I killed Barbarian Generals and destroyed their buildings causing chaos in their cities. The Julii managed to take back their cities and they expanded West.

Now I'm in the middle of the Civil War, and my worst problem is the Julii as they have a lot of troops standing in their borders, as well as in their towns.

I somehow regreat what I did when I helped them. But I'm a Roman, they were my brothers, and I did my duty as a true Roman!

Even though I helped them, now that they are my enemies and that I'm going to take their cities I can thank them to impose good Roman culture to the savage Barbarian Towns.

>>>>>>------------->THELEMA<-------------<<<<<<
versalife
Legionary
posted 14 April 2007 14:56 EDT (US)     4 / 10       
Chamox what r u talking about?
The aim of the campaign is to kill Julii and other Romans.

[This message has been edited by versalife (edited 04-14-2007 @ 03:01 PM).]

Chamox
Legionary
posted 14 April 2007 15:08 EDT (US)     5 / 10       
Chamox what r u talking about?
The aim of the campaign is to kill Julii and other Romans.

I know what the aim of the game is, didn't understand what I said?

When I was allied with the Julii, Scipii, and the Senate, I helped the Julii to survive from the Barbarian invasion. But now that Civil War has broken between me and the other Roman Factions, the only thing that I don't regret in doing is to help the Julii to build Roman buildings in Barbarian towns. Once that I take the cities from the Julii I don't have to worry about Culture Penalty.

Understand now versalife?
By the way, how old are you?

>>>>>>------------->THELEMA<-------------<<<<<<
versalife
Legionary
posted 14 April 2007 15:19 EDT (US)     6 / 10       
To: Chamox

Yeah now it makes sense.
I'm 22.

Godfried Van B
Legionary
posted 14 April 2007 16:31 EDT (US)     7 / 10       
you should saved BEFORE you helped them, then you couild load en replay and replay and REPLAY.....

it must be cool just to do nothing, watch the gauls become the mightiest force in the whole known world!!!!!

maybe even give up your cities in Italy and pull back to chartage or whatever!!!! just to see when the mighty empire would fall, without doing anything, must be cool hu

one land,one king
Dr Grip
Legionary
posted 14 April 2007 19:56 EDT (US)     8 / 10       
LOL, never happened to me before (even thogh I've only completed one campagin). But if that happens to me I'd just ignore them and let them get rid of the other Romans. It will be much easier later! But I might help the senate though. They sometimes give you reward for completing missions.

This is the best signature ever!
CLAVDIVS
Legionary
posted 14 April 2007 22:11 EDT (US)     9 / 10       
In my Brutii campaign i handed over about 3 million denarii to the Germans. They have beaten back the Briton, and, since the Gauls were weak because of the Julii, they (the Germans) are now pushing Julii back in Italy. With a little help from my Norhern Expedition Corps hehe. The Corp is made mostly of mercenaries: horse archers and elephants. It is cool to join the fight vs the julii together with my German allies. Whenever i see their 2 armies nearby, i jump in. Earlier in the same campaign i helped the Seleucid also financially,and they started to sport full 20-stack armies and were kicking Egypt around. Now they are way stronger than Egypt, and i wonder who would i like more to fight in the future: the Egypt or my allies Seleucids? *grumble*

Y.

In Theory, there is no difference between Theory and Practice, but, in Practice, there is difference between Theory and Practice.
Ar_Kai
Legionary
posted 14 April 2007 22:15 EDT (US)     10 / 10       
Its hilarious to effect the balance of the world by manipulation of finances, isn't it.

In a test campaign I did once, Gaul destroyed the Julii except for Caralis, and proceded to conquer Rome. They were soon destroyed, however, by a combination of Britain, Spain, Greece and the Scipii.

You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Total War Heaven | HeavenGames