You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Rome: Total War Discussion
Moderated by Terikel Grayhair, General Sajaru, Awesome Eagle

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.4 replies
Total War Heaven » Forums » Rome: Total War Discussion » Any one else get this guy in their retinue?
Bottom
Topic Subject:Any one else get this guy in their retinue?
MrBonzai211
Legionary
posted 19 October 2007 10:19 EDT (US)         
After a a huge battle with my 420 men versus two stacks of 350, a screen popped up informing me that I had a new person added to my general/family members retinue. I can't remember exactly what it said but it was something along the lines of "hero." It gave me a +20 command trait and I was wondering if anyone else has gotten this guy in their retinue and also I would like to know if there's a way I can get this guy added to my other family members too. My current general fighting along the Mediterranean is almost unbeatable with this retinue member because of the awesome bonus I've gotten.
AuthorReplies:
BastWorshiper
Sensei
posted 19 October 2007 10:57 EDT (US)     1 / 4       
Never. Are you sure it wasn't 20% reduction of unit cost or something like that.

Please post a screen shot.
loose_the_arrows
Legionary
posted 19 October 2007 11:40 EDT (US)     2 / 4       
yea cause +20 command is crazy...I've never seen it and I've been playin TW games for years....Even in heroic victories your general usually only gets like 1-3 command stars depending on the traits and retinue he recieved due to the battle.

"Men... must have corrupted nature a little, for they were not born wolves, and they have become wolves. God did not give them twenty-four-pounder cannons or bayonets, and they have made bayonets and cannons to destroy each other."
- Voltaire, Candide, Chapter 4
SubRosa
Legionary
posted 19 October 2007 11:44 EDT (US)     3 / 4       
Are you playing a modded version of RTW? So far as I am aware the vanilla game will not go over 10 Command Stars, no matter how many bonuses a general may have.
CaesarVincens
Legionary
posted 19 October 2007 13:32 EDT (US)     4 / 4       
There is a "Decorated Hero" retinue, which reduces unit recruitment costs by 20%. I imagine that is what you have.

Veni, Vidi, well... you know.

Extended Cultures, A modification of RTW.

Si hoc legere posses, Latinam linguam scis.
ɪf ju kŠn ɹid ­ɪs, ju noʊ liŋgwɪstɪks.
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Total War Heaven | HeavenGames