You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Rome: Total War Discussion
Moderated by Terikel Grayhair, General Sajaru, Awesome Eagle

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.14 replies
Total War Heaven » Forums » Rome: Total War Discussion » Suicide request from Senate for Faction Leader
Bottom
Topic Subject:Suicide request from Senate for Faction Leader
Glocker
Legionary
posted 16 December 2004 18:30 EDT (US)         
I am doing well I have conquered all the enemy coastal cities and am making 35,000 denari a year I have 2 dedicated Assault Armies and about 6 large Combat armies that I just am saving for the showdown with Rome and the other factions.I got a order for me to kill my ldr or be outlawed. I Suicided my faction Leader and 2 turns later they wanted me to do it again I did that also then on the 3rd request I had already moved 3 Armies to Rome I started them on their way toward Rome after the 1st request to Suicide this was shortly after I received the messgae that my faction should consider taking over the senate that the time was right for me to make my move. Is this because I was too strong that the senate asked me to kill my faction ldr off? So I conquered Rome Do I know have to continue Killing off the rest of the factions to win? When Do I win?
AuthorReplies:
Xodus
Legionary
posted 16 December 2004 18:38 EDT (US)     1 / 14       
when u get 50 provinces and occupy rome.

you dont have to kill your faction leader! what a waste...

so many people actually kill a few good generals, fearing the wrath of the senate :/

Sex Smurf
Legionary
posted 16 December 2004 18:42 EDT (US)     2 / 14       
oh no!! another poor guy that killed off his faction leader, so sad.

Defeat the other two factions, control 50 provinces and conquer Rome and the game ENDS!!! yes ends, no going on. So do what I did and sack Rome, give it to an ally, and leave. Usually it falls into Rebel hands, Conquer the world, then conquer Rome again.

Dark Saga
Legionary
posted 16 December 2004 19:09 EDT (US)     3 / 14       
Or you can quicksave (ctrl + s)when the message fo victory comes upand just reload and continue to play and grab the whole world!
KHCloud
Legionary
posted 23 December 2004 21:44 EDT (US)     4 / 14       
(Yes I know this is responding to an OLD topic)Couldn't you just conquer everything and then rome...since the game wouldn't end till you conquer rome
Duan Xuan
Legionary
posted 23 December 2004 22:46 EDT (US)     5 / 14       
It's possible, but to conquer everything else, you need to first get rid of the Brutii and the Scipii. If they're pretty strong, it'd be tough to take all three of them on at once. Declaring war on anyone is equivalent to declaring war to all of them. I just gave Rome the sack when I got 50 provinces... Just in case the Senate wants my faction leader to commit suicide.
redfalcon
Legionary
posted 24 December 2004 00:35 EDT (US)     6 / 14       
ive had to kill 4 of my faction leaders so far.
when i had a bunch of crappy leaders who where bringing my house to the ground i didnt care. but when i finally had one that showed great promise and had 5 of each trait right off the bat, i finally said no, was made an outlaw and now have no roman allies.
britain and egypt betrayed me, even though i saw it coming it was still pretty inopportune and my economy took a major hit. but through some major overhauls im making enough to keep my armies and navies. the egyptian front is quiet right now. the britons are wiped out, i just took londinum and the rest of the land collapsed and rebelled.
but i think im rambling.

have i taken rome yet? have i repayed those bastards who caused me all this trouble?
i dont want to talk about it....(what happens when you do?)

AKA p90pro, phairho, asparagus87.
KHCloud
Legionary
posted 24 December 2004 12:15 EDT (US)     7 / 14       
Heh if you were like me you would destroy the romans the second you were outlawed...but that's probaly cause I have a temper which is shown by my many "the Mad" and "the Wrathful" generals :-p...btw Rome can be taken early on just wait for the SPQR army to leave...
redfalcon
Legionary
posted 26 December 2004 23:05 EDT (US)     8 / 14       
i didnt have a strong enough army near at the time i was outlawed. the faction leader was in town and he always has a full army around him. the nearest units i had at my disposal was a garrison of archers and praetorian cavalry.

Rookierookie
Banned
posted 26 December 2004 23:30 EDT (US)     9 / 14       
I haven't had that request yet (my senate rating is 1 point from max), but if they do, they're going to get their asses kicked - I have Arretium AND Capua, and surrounds Rome. The instant they outlaw me, I cry havoc
Apollo315
Legionary
posted 27 December 2004 21:06 EDT (US)     10 / 14       
-and let slip the dogs of war.

His ego nec metas rerum nec tempora pono:
Imperium sine fine dedi.
(P. Vergilius Maro, Aeneid I. 278-79)
We are all, so far as we inherit the civilisation of Europe, still citizens of the Roman Empire, and time has not proved Virgil wrong when he wrote nec tempora pono: imperium sine fine dedi.
(T.S. Eliot)
Ian Gilbert
Legionary
posted 27 December 2004 21:27 EDT (US)     11 / 14       
I denied the Senate because I had been waiting for them to delcare me an outlaw.

Quoted from TSD in reference to the suggestion of infinite farms: "It's the econ stupid! Taking out the attention and skill element in building an econ is demolishing half the game!"
Winner of the "Craziest Forumer Award" Jan. 2003
"It's time for the human race to enter the solar system!" - Dan Quayle, former U.S. Vice President on the concept of a manned mission to Mars
Discoverer of the "Invisible Leviathon" Bug
KHCloud
Legionary
posted 28 December 2004 11:18 EDT (US)     12 / 14       
wait until the senate takes their large army away and then attack....Buwahahaha!
Rookierookie
Banned
posted 28 December 2004 22:05 EDT (US)     13 / 14       
They don't have a large army. In fact, the army I used to besiege Rome consisted entirely of SPQR troops
redfalcon
Legionary
posted 29 December 2004 22:18 EDT (US)     14 / 14       
i tried to bribe them but they have a horrifying distaste for money. i couldnt allow it so i pelted them with onagers and scorpions. after i ran out of ammo and punched a hole in the wall i left and sent in another army of legionary cavalry and...oh long story short, i won.

You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Total War Heaven | HeavenGames