You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Rome: Total War Discussion
Moderated by Terikel Grayhair, General Sajaru, Awesome Eagle

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.5 replies
Total War Heaven » Forums » Rome: Total War Discussion » Helots, Gladiators, Zealots..
Bottom
Topic Subject:Helots, Gladiators, Zealots..
Legioner
Legionary
posted 15 June 2008 16:09 EDT (US)         
All those wicked revolts... How are they like and how they come?

I once had Gladiator uprising as Scipii but it was a small scale revolt and killed them to last man in single field battle, although I don't know why they left Capua. But it's some 2 years ago and don't remember anything.

To question, do Judean Zealots or Spartan Helots ALWAYS come when Sparta or Jerusalem revolts or is there larger chance for regular rebels? And do gladiators rise up just like that or is it just like another unhappy-crowd revolt. Need to know as I would really like go speacial-rebel bashing.

Oh, and what are the odds for Amazon rebellion? With Amazons and Yubtsebts? Had them only once in my life, Brutii game in Cyprus.
AuthorReplies:
Gallowglass
Legionary
posted 15 June 2008 16:11 EDT (US)     1 / 5       
Yubtsebs are oversized elephants with fifteen or so archers to each elephant. Judean Zealots always appear if Jerusalem revolts, or they always have in my campaigns.

------m------m------
(o o)
(~)

Monkey beats bunny. Please put Monkey in your signature to prevent the rise of bunny.
m0n|<3yz r 2 pwn n00b
SubRosa
Legionary
posted 15 June 2008 18:16 EDT (US)     2 / 5       
Gladiator rebellions happen in cities that have an arena in them. They get special rebel troops, including Gladiators of course.

Normal rebellions, on the other hand, have a specific list of possible troops that will spawn, depending on the region. You can find them in RTW\Data\descr_rebel_factions.txt.
Andalus
Legionary
posted 16 June 2008 12:13 EDT (US)     3 / 5       
elephants with fifteen or so archers to each elephant.
Twelve. And four elephants on Large.

Judean Zealots also appear in brigand armies in Judea.

I've never heard of or seen a Helot uprising, and there aren't any Helot units as far as I know.

Gladiator Uprisings generally have gladiator and mercenary units.

When I had one in Capua, it had War Elephants. Yubsteb Elephants, Balearic Slingers, Barbarian Mercenaries, Barbarian Cavalry Mercenaries, Bedouin Warriors, Bedouin Archers, and that was about it. And it was a full stack.
SubRosa
Legionary
posted 16 June 2008 12:24 EDT (US)     4 / 5       
Helots are simply what the rebels in Laconia are called. Every region has a different name for the Rebels that spawn there.
Jekyll
Legionary
(id: Vault Dweller)
posted 21 June 2008 00:31 EDT (US)     5 / 5       
I think if you let Judea revolt and it does not return to it's owning faction, then Judean Zealots always appear.

And I believe it's just incredible fluke if the jack of all trades stack appears with Amazonians and Yubtseb Elephants appears.
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Total War Heaven | HeavenGames