You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Rome: Total War Discussion
Moderated by Terikel Grayhair, General Sajaru, Awesome Eagle

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.1 reply
Total War Heaven » Forums » Rome: Total War Discussion » Leonidas Went Right Through My Hands!
Bottom
Topic Subject:Leonidas Went Right Through My Hands!
MrBonzai211
Legionary
posted 15 June 2008 20:21 EDT (US)         
I'm playing Macedon on XGM and started taking all of the Greek land as soon as I could muster and army. The funny thing is, I get down to Sparta as their last stronghold on the Greek peninsula and who does my full stack of levy pikemen and slingers get ambushed by!? Faction Leader Leonidas of Sparta with 300 of his best men (it was actually 304 but that's close enough) including the Royal Spartan guard that I had such a tricky time locating. Needless to say, I sent my slingers up a hill where I focused their fire on the flanks of the Spartan Guard, I sent my General (who came of age with 6 general stars and now is maxed out in stars and scrolls) to directly attack Leonidas one-on-one, and then I used my pikemen as a lure to open up other units to my slingers and cavalry. I ended up only losing 15 of my general's guard to Leonidas and faced no other casualties. The only problem, Leonidas escaped back into Sparta where I finished him off with two of his biological sons (one being the faction heir). My only hope now is to encounter and kill a Caesar in Rome, but I'll probably have to keep my fingers crossed for that.
AuthorReplies:
Epicperson
Legionary
posted 21 June 2008 23:10 EDT (US)     1 / 1       
Battle is not always the answer. Try using experienced assasins. (i've wiped out entire empires with these nasty guys)
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Total War Heaven | HeavenGames