You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Rome: Total War Discussion
Moderated by Terikel Grayhair, General Sajaru, Awesome Eagle

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.7 replies
Total War Heaven » Forums » Rome: Total War Discussion » Modification opportunities
Bottom
Topic Subject:Modification opportunities
jurijb08
Legionary
posted 19 June 2008 16:52 EDT (US)         
Hello fellow gamers,

I have recently bought Rome Total War Gold Edition which includes both Rome: Total War and the Barbarian Invasion together on one disk. So having two games on one disk, I was wondering if it is still possible to aply mods to the software.
AuthorReplies:
Gallowglass
Legionary
posted 19 June 2008 16:58 EDT (US)     1 / 7       
I think it is...I think. It should be, though, and it most likely is possible as both games still have separate gaming folders for them.

------m------m------
(o o)
(~)

Monkey beats bunny. Please put Monkey in your signature to prevent the rise of bunny.
m0n|<3yz r 2 pwn n00b
Mythic_Commodore
Ministerialis
posted 19 June 2008 17:01 EDT (US)     2 / 7       
Yes. I have the Gold Edition and about 15 mods, so it is possible.

Cyclohexane - it's what's for dinner!

[This message has been edited by Mythic_Commodore (edited 06-19-2008 @ 05:01 PM).]

Gaius Colinius
Seraph Emeritus
posted 19 June 2008 20:11 EDT (US)     3 / 7       
I have recently bought Rome Total War Gold Edition which includes both Rome: Total War and the Barbarian Invasion together on one disk. So having two games on one disk, I was wondering if it is still possible to aply mods to the software.
Oh absolutely. What matters is the version of the game you have. Go to the options screen and check the number in the top right. If you're in BI, it'll probably be 1.4 or 1.6.
Just remember to get a mod for the version of game you're playing.

Some good mods to look for are Fourth Age Total War & XGM. I'm sure others here could suggest plenty of more and give you a hand if you run into any trouble installing them.
Welcome to the forums btw.

-Love Gaius
TWH Seraph, TWH Grand Zinquisitor & Crazy Gaius the Banstick Kid

Got news regarding Total War games that should be publicised? Then email m2twnews@heavengames.com. My blog.
Nelson was the typical Englishman: hot-headed, impetuous, unreliable, passionate, emotional & boisterous. Wellington was the typical Irishman: cold, reserved, calculating, unsentimental & ruthless" - George Bernard Shaw
Vote for McCain...he's not dead just yet! - HP Lovesauce

SubRosa
Legionary
posted 20 June 2008 19:56 EDT (US)     4 / 7       
RTW Gold is not really a special edition of RTW or BI. It is just the two games sold together in one box is all. They are exactly the same as if you bought them separately. The only thing you need to look for are the version numbers of each, as Gaius describes.

However, if you bought it from Steam, I do understand there can be problems with using some mods. But you can get around them by taking the command line switches you would normally put in your shortcut to run the mod into your Steam Launcher.
Diadochius
Legionary
posted 21 June 2008 06:28 EDT (US)     5 / 7       
Thats strange, I also have Gold Edition but I have Alexander instead of BI...meh.
Admiral Sushi
Legionary
posted 21 June 2008 08:53 EDT (US)     6 / 7       
All on one disk? Mine has like 5 disks.....?

But yeah, try XGM if you want a challenge, I've never gotten FA:TW to work properly, but it looks absolutely awesome.

Scientia potestas est.
"Hello, I_Jedi. We haven't met before, but I just wanted to say, I don't like you. Have a nice day." -- Viceroy Billy
SubRosa
Legionary
posted 21 June 2008 13:07 EDT (US)     7 / 7       
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Total War Heaven | HeavenGames