Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.8 replies
Total War Heaven » Forums » Rome: Total War Discussion » Shell question
Bottom
Topic Subject:Shell question
cugamer
Legionary
posted 20 June 2008 16:05 EDT (US)         
Hey all

I just took Damascus after a rather bloody and annoying battle where Egypt rode out to engage me. As I was pressing the "exterminate" button, the game crashed. When I reloaded, I had the city, filled with about 18,000 really pissed off Egyptians. It's gonna rebel no matter what I do.

Now I'm against cheating, but I understand there is a command to slaughter a "friendly" cities population and in this case I think it's justified. Can anybody let me know what command I should use?
AuthorReplies:
Admiral Sushi
Legionary
posted 20 June 2008 16:09 EDT (US)     1 / 8       
I suppose you could exit and let it rebel, then retake the city, however, I'm guessing you wouldn't want to do that.

Scientia potestas est.
"Hello, I_Jedi. We haven't met before, but I just wanted to say, I don't like you. Have a nice day." -- Viceroy Billy
Pandar
Legionary
posted 20 June 2008 19:33 EDT (US)     2 / 8       
Yeah, that'd take a couple more turns, considering they give rebels a boat load of units.
SubRosa
Legionary
posted 20 June 2008 19:36 EDT (US)     3 / 8       
If you look in the cheats section of the site, you will find an "add_population" cheat code. Just put in a negative number to reduce the city's population. So just type "add_population Damascus -12000" and that should put it down to a more reasonable level.

[This message has been edited by SubRosa (edited 06-20-2008 @ 07:48 PM).]

Terikel Grayhair
Imperator
(id: Terikel706)
posted 21 June 2008 05:55 EDT (US)     4 / 8       
Hail! And if the peasants refuse to be so slain in such large masses, try the spell the Wise and Noble SubRosa gave thee several times using smaller numbers. Methinks we read somewhere that the maximum is four passels, so if the peasants refuse to be dispelled at once in a dozen thousands, try killing them in three batches of four thousands.

Edit: We applaud thy honor in the dubious use of these awful spells. But in this matter, the Virtual World has conspired against thee and used means outside of our domain to achieve its wicked ends. Thus may thou do the same.

[This message has been edited by Terikel706 (edited 06-21-2008 @ 07:07 AM).]

cugamer
Legionary
posted 21 June 2008 23:57 EDT (US)     5 / 8       
Worked like a charm guys, thanks.
Gaius Colinius
Seraph Emeritus
posted 22 June 2008 17:53 EDT (US)     6 / 8       
If you look in the cheats section of the site, you will find an "add_population" cheat code. Just put in a negative number to reduce the city's population. So just type "add_population Damascus -12000" and that should put it down to a more reasonable level.
Now that is incredibly sly!!!

-Love Gaius
TWH Seraph, TWH Grand Zinquisitor & Crazy Gaius the Banstick Kid

Got news regarding Total War games that should be publicised? Then email m2twnews@heavengames.com. My blog.
Nelson was the typical Englishman: hot-headed, impetuous, unreliable, passionate, emotional & boisterous. Wellington was the typical Irishman: cold, reserved, calculating, unsentimental & ruthless" - George Bernard Shaw
Vote for McCain...he's not dead just yet! - HP Lovesauce

SubRosa
Legionary
posted 22 June 2008 21:06 EDT (US)     7 / 8       
Now that is incredibly sly!!!
Sly is my middle name. As the saying goes: "All warfare is based on deception."
Jekyll
Legionary
(id: Vault Dweller)
posted 23 June 2008 02:39 EDT (US)     8 / 8       
If only I could download a mini Subrosa that would sit on my desk and spout helpful information when I was stuck

I would never be stuck again.
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Total War Heaven | HeavenGames