You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Rome: Total War Discussion
Moderated by Terikel Grayhair, General Sajaru, Awesome Eagle

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.6 replies
Total War Heaven » Forums » Rome: Total War Discussion » The Real Roman Conquest
Bottom
Topic Subject:The Real Roman Conquest
Inarus15
Legionary
posted 02 June 2009 11:24 EDT (US)         
A while ago I considered what REALLY happened and decided to play as SPQR.

In the Campaign that followed I made sure that I destroyed each faction in the order that Rome took them. And so far it works. After annihilated the rebel states of the Julii, Scipii and Brutii, I made my way in the direction of Africa.

It was a long conquest but Africa fell, but meanwhile the Greeks had taken Macedon and now had an army to rival my legions.

Anybody else try this?

SENATVS POPVLUSQUE ROMANVS
The Senate and People of Rome
AuthorReplies:
routahhh
Legionary
posted 02 June 2009 12:52 EDT (US)     1 / 6       
nope, but does sound like fun, i just spent the last week fighting the damn egyptians, finally destroyed them

Might try it after thou, normally the brutti/julli etc attack straight away on any spqr campaigns i do
Edorix
High King of Britain
posted 02 June 2009 13:03 EDT (US)     2 / 6       
I once tried to do a campaign as the SPQR. However, I was a serious noob back then and I couldn't do it without a ton of cheats. I got bored after I had conquered Gaul.

I did a scipii campaign more recently, in which I tried to be historically accurate with the dates. I failed. To say the least, the Carthaginians attacked me too early for the start of the First Punic War, and I had conquered Carthage by 241BC - the historical end of the First Punic War, a hundred years before the historical sack of the city. So I think historical accuracy in this game is impossible.

EDORIX
~ ancient briton ~

/\
/|||| ||||\

*tegos, -esos, noun, neuter. house.

[This message has been edited by Edorix (edited 06-02-2009 @ 01:05 PM).]

Inarus15
Legionary
posted 02 June 2009 15:08 EDT (US)     3 / 6       
In that campaign, when I finally destroyed Greece, I found Britannia had grown to conquer northern Gaul and all of Germany, Dacia and Scythia. And the worst thing is that I cannot attack them if i am to play the game like Rome's actual history.

SENATVS POPVLUSQUE ROMANVS
The Senate and People of Rome
Gallowglass
Legionary
posted 02 June 2009 17:19 EDT (US)     4 / 6       
historical accuracy in this game is impossible

------m------m------
(o o)
(~)

Monkey beats bunny. Please put Monkey in your signature to prevent the rise of bunny.
m0n|<3yz r 2 pwn n00b
General_Zavier
Legionary
posted 02 June 2009 18:27 EDT (US)     5 / 6       
However, I was a serious noob back then and I couldn't do it without a ton of cheats.
Really? As soon as Italy was unified, I thought the SPQR campaign was the easiest of all thanks to the public order bonus.

If you're playing as SPQR, no matter how unhappy the people are, they never rebel and never riot. So you can garrison one unit of peasants in a city, crank taxes up to very high, and even though public order will be at zero, no riots and no revolts.

The opposite of a correct statement is a false statement. But the opposite of a profound truth may well be another profound truth. ~Niels Bohr
No matter how hard you try, you cannot outwit stupid people. ~Anonymous
Romano British AAR ~Defunct.
Kingdom of Albion AAR ~Finished 1/26/08.
WRE Migration/Defensive AAR ~Defunct.
Numidian Defensive AAR ~Ongoing
Edorix
High King of Britain
posted 03 June 2009 02:39 EDT (US)     6 / 6       
Zavier, I meant right at the very start. Rome is desperately in debt, and attacking Capua (always my first target as the Senate) automatically outlaws all the other Roman factions, thereby declaring war on them and cutting off all trade for you through the Italian peninsula. I used cheats to upgrade Rome to a fully developed Large City and put 400k in the imperial reserve.

I do like the way cities never ever rebel, whatever the public order, when under Senate rule. It's annoying when I'm playing a defensive game as another faction though; I always try and drive the Roman factions to rebellion with my agents, but Rome simply cannot be driven to revolt. Usually they just snatch up the rebellious Julii settlements before my allies in Gaul can.

EDORIX
~ ancient briton ~

/\
/|||| ||||\

*tegos, -esos, noun, neuter. house.
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Total War Heaven | HeavenGames