You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Rome: Total War Discussion
Moderated by Terikel Grayhair, General Sajaru, Awesome Eagle

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.2 replies
Total War Heaven » Forums » Rome: Total War Discussion » New laptop/Vista Home Premium compatibility?
Bottom
Topic Subject:New laptop/Vista Home Premium compatibility?
FlyboyAOQ
Legionary
posted 02 June 2009 18:51 EDT (US)         
There seems to be a wide range of answers out there with respect to whether or not RTW Gold will run on Vista Home Premium. Some say it doesn't, others say no problem.

I'm considering buying an Asus M50VM-A1 with:

Intel Core Duo2 T8400
4GB SDRAM
NVidia 9600M GS 1G
Vista Home Premium

Can someone please give me a definitive answer as to whether RTW Gold and/or BI will run properly?
AuthorReplies:
Terikel Grayhair
Imperator
(id: Terikel706)
posted 03 June 2009 01:32 EDT (US)     1 / 2       
They run properly, but it is a pain in the neck to edit files and saves- Vista puts them in the Virtual Store, where they are not easily found.

But the game does run- many of us run RTW and BI on Vista.

|||||||||||||||| A transplanted Viking, born a millennium too late. |||||||||||||||||
|||||||||||||||| Too many Awards to list in Signature, sorry lords...|||||||||||||||||
|||||||||||||||| Listed on my page for your convenience and envy.|||||||||||||||||
Somewhere over the EXCO Rainbow
Master Skald, Order of the Silver Quill, Guild of the Skalds
Champion of the Sepia Joust- Joust I, II, IV, VI, VII, VIII
von Schmidt
Legionary
posted 03 June 2009 06:40 EDT (US)     2 / 2       
Virtual store? Where could you find that? I don't have Vista, so I'm just guessing that it's just another folder.

I'm also currently thinking of purchasing a new computer, and am planning on buying R:TW/M2:TW (Gold Edition, obviously) with it to celebrate being able to play more graphically-intense games than before (I used to have 600mhz of proccessor and 32mb graphics card. I know, it does seem impossible for someone to have something like that. For me, anything will be an upgrade).

My sig isnt working in this forum

IT GOES IT GOES IT GOES IT GOES GUILLOTINE

YAH
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Total War Heaven | HeavenGames