You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Rome: Total War Discussion
Moderated by Terikel Grayhair, General Sajaru, Awesome Eagle

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.8 replies
Total War Heaven » Forums » Rome: Total War Discussion » New Article: Conquered, We Conquer
Bottom
Topic Subject:New Article: Conquered, We Conquer
Terikel Grayhair
Imperator
(id: Terikel706)
posted 08 June 2009 05:50 EDT (US)         
Once again Lord Terikel Grayhair has shaken his loose marbles, this time to examine just how tiny Rome, conquered by a Gallic tribe, could rise to rule over all Gallic peoples in less than four hundred years.

You may read this scroll to peruse his rather lengthy and thorough doctoral thesis on the subject.

You may leave comments and criticisms upon this scroll.

|||||||||||||||| A transplanted Viking, born a millennium too late. |||||||||||||||||
|||||||||||||||| Too many Awards to list in Signature, sorry lords...|||||||||||||||||
|||||||||||||||| Listed on my page for your convenience and envy.|||||||||||||||||
Somewhere over the EXCO Rainbow
Master Skald, Order of the Silver Quill, Guild of the Skalds
Champion of the Sepia Joust- Joust I, II, IV, VI, VII, VIII

[This message has been edited by Terikel Grayhair (edited 06-08-2009 @ 10:41 AM).]

AuthorReplies:
Hussarknight
Seraph Emeritus
posted 08 June 2009 09:44 EDT (US)     1 / 8       
Nice on Terikel.

Hussarknight
Octavium
Legionary
posted 08 June 2009 09:47 EDT (US)     2 / 8       
A very interesting article, clearly the author knows the topic extensively and it shows in the depth and quality of information on offer. I would only criticise to say it is very very long, with no indication of this at the start, and can be a bit heavy at times. I'd half the lengths of some paragraphs and inject a few more lighter sentences and examples that are less serious to improve readability.
Terikel Grayhair
Imperator
(id: Terikel706)
posted 08 June 2009 10:42 EDT (US)     3 / 8       
Is the Opening Post better now, with regards to correct warning of length and weight?

CaesarVincens
Legionary
posted 08 June 2009 14:10 EDT (US)     4 / 8       
Excellent, Terikel!

Veni, Vidi, well... you know.

Extended Cultures, A modification of RTW.

Si hoc legere posses, Latinam linguam scis.
ɪf ju kn ɹid ɪs, ju noʊ liŋgwɪstɪks.
Tittus Labienus
Legionary
posted 08 June 2009 19:30 EDT (US)     5 / 8       
I majored in history and read history books and historical novels for fun to this day. Yet I never fail to learn some things whenever I read your missives Lord Terikel. Well done suh.

Lab
vampiric canniba
Legionary
posted 09 June 2009 01:11 EDT (US)     6 / 8       
3 articles in less than 30 days. Very impresive.

you like something both hardcore and whack
2009 RLT & ETWH Craziest Forummer Award!
I had to remove the excessive numbers of smilies I used la VampiricCannibal so as not to inconvenience low bandwidth users too much... - Edorix
Erzin
Legionary
posted 12 June 2009 06:38 EDT (US)     7 / 8       
Excellent article, has everything I need for my history assignment. Shame I can't reference it...

AAR Coming real soon :P
JrvUnleashed
Legionary
posted 12 June 2009 11:17 EDT (US)     8 / 8       
Great article. I always enjoy reading in depth about a particular subject. Being more of a "History of Everything Important that ever happened" kind of person, I some times skip over small details of things like this, so it's nice to read about specific things, and you're article was very well structured.
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Total War Heaven | HeavenGames