Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.4 replies
Total War Heaven » Forums » Rome: Total War Discussion » Broken replay
Bottom
Topic Subject:Broken replay
amax29
Legionary
posted 12 June 2009 12:53 EDT (US)         
I just saved a replay and watched it. In the game I won the match and got a clear victory, but the replay showed me losing and the enemy getting a clear victory. Wtf. Why did this happen?
AuthorReplies:
Legionary_994
Legionary
posted 12 June 2009 14:24 EDT (US)     1 / 4       
The replay doesn't play the battle as you did, it's basically a comp VS comp battle where they take some pointers from your battle. It does tend to follow the general flow though.

"I think the lesson here is: It doesn't matter where you're from, as long as we're all the same religion." - Peter Griffin

Danish Dreams

[This message has been edited by Legionary_994 (edited 06-12-2009 @ 02:25 PM).]

Andalus
Legionary
posted 13 June 2009 06:25 EDT (US)     2 / 4       
Had you changed any settings (like unit size) on the game in between? Made any modifications? Patched up? If the replay is from a different version, it will not play the same.

Legionary_994 is correct, to an extent. Rather than record the battle like a video, the game records each and every command that is given, and repeats them in the same order. Some random factors do come into play in this case, though they normally do not affect the outcome of the battle like this.
mrcash
Legionary
posted 20 June 2009 23:11 EDT (US)     3 / 4       
This too has happened to me. It does not mean your replay is broken. Still, never knew about that...
PrinceofMacedon
RTW Ladder Leader
posted 23 June 2009 18:29 EDT (US)     4 / 4       
It happens. That's the only explanation.

I've got over 1,500 replays, but only 2 or 3 of them were screwed up. And for me, the only ones that screwed up were the battles that lasted longer than 40ish minutes.

"It is a lovely thing to live with courage and to die leaving behind an everlasting renown." - ALEXANDER THE GREAT
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Total War Heaven | HeavenGames