You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Rome: Total War Discussion
Moderated by Terikel Grayhair, General Sajaru, Awesome Eagle

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.1 reply
Total War Heaven » Forums » Rome: Total War Discussion » How exactly do the stats work?
Bottom
Topic Subject:How exactly do the stats work?
JrvUnleashed
Legionary
posted 15 June 2009 11:25 EDT (US)         
Ok, I've been playing RTW for 4 years now and I still have very little knowledge of how the stats work. First, what do the attack and defense stats really mean? I'm sure most people know that higher stats usually means victory, but how? If you have 7 attack and your opponent has 14 defense, does that mean it will take two hits to kill? So does a units defense points literally show how many added up hits they can take according to the attackers attack strength? And does two hitpoints literally mean they can take two lethal blows in a real fight, or does it just double their defense stats? I'm confused.
AuthorReplies:
Erzin
Legionary
posted 16 June 2009 02:49 EDT (US)     1 / 1       
I'm not exactly sure if this is correct since this is based off what I remember reading in an article ages ago, but the number of damaging hits a soldier can take is based on their hit points. The number of hits they land which are damaging are based on their ratio of overall attack (which inludes normal attack and wepaon attack) to overall defence (same thing, except uses the defensive stat). Then soldiers die based on the number of damaging hits they are dealt. There are also many other factors such as their training, bonuses and experience but this is the general idea.

Hope this is waht you are after.

AAR Coming real soon :P
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Total War Heaven | HeavenGames