You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Rome: Total War Discussion
Moderated by Terikel Grayhair, General Sajaru, Awesome Eagle

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.2 replies
Total War Heaven » Forums » Rome: Total War Discussion » Huge unit scale still not huge enough, can I make it even bigger?
Bottom
Topic Subject:Huge unit scale still not huge enough, can I make it even bigger?
kasperl
Legionary
posted 17 June 2009 03:58 EDT (US)         
For example, a legionary cohort should consist of 480 men, 3 times as large as it is now in huge unit scale, which is 160
. I know i can just edit export_descr_unit.txt, but it would be a nightmare to edit the default soldier number of every kind of unit.
So i think if I can make huge unit scale 3 times as large as it is now, i.e., make units in huge level 12 times instead of 4 times as large as normal level, then it kind of solves my problem, but how can it be done?
Thanks a lot.
AuthorReplies:
Terikel Grayhair
Imperator
(id: Terikel706)
posted 17 June 2009 04:35 EDT (US)     1 / 2       
Hail, Lord kasperl.

We bring thee sad tidings.

Tis our comprehension of this Virtual World of ours that there be a Hardened Codex, often shortened to Hardcode, to which at all times must be adhered. In this Codex it is stated that the largest warband may not exceed two hundred forty warriors and three chieftains. This translates to three score (60) in the Scale known as Normal.

Thou may freely edit the scroll concerning the warbands and their details to any number thou does wish. The quill does do what it wishes, after all. But any violations of the Codex shall be punished with the ruthless Crash to Desktop and expulsion from the Virtual World. Thus tis far better to adhere to the Codex and not enter a number in the Warband Scroll greater than three score and three chieftains.

The Codex does impose this rule due to the same reasoning it imposes a maximum of a single score of warbands per army- the engine simply cannot handle far more than that and display them.

Thus thou must be disappointed, but at least thou art informed.

|||||||||||||||| A transplanted Viking, born a millennium too late. |||||||||||||||||
|||||||||||||||| Too many Awards to list in Signature, sorry lords...|||||||||||||||||
|||||||||||||||| Listed on my page for your convenience and envy.|||||||||||||||||
Somewhere over the EXCO Rainbow
Master Skald, Order of the Silver Quill, Guild of the Skalds
Champion of the Sepia Joust- Joust I, II, IV, VI, VII, VIII
kasperl
Legionary
posted 17 June 2009 04:41 EDT (US)     2 / 2       
what a pity -_-
but thank you all the same ^_^
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Total War Heaven | HeavenGames