You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Rome: Total War Discussion
Moderated by Terikel Grayhair, General Sajaru, Awesome Eagle

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.2 replies
Total War Heaven » Forums » Rome: Total War Discussion » tips on being aggressive
Bottom
Topic Subject:tips on being aggressive
alecray
Legionary
posted 17 June 2009 11:38 EDT (US)         
everytime i do a campaign i sit there for many turns and just build up which gets really boring....by the time i attack i make a few armies and have a few hundred thousand
denari. and help on being more aggresive...on my scipii
campaign i find that territory wise the julii and the brutii are surpassing...and im getting bored..i see the julii with multiple small armies...should i start doing that?
AuthorReplies:
ShieldWall
Legionary
posted 17 June 2009 13:09 EDT (US)     1 / 2       
You can be very aggressive in the first few dozen turns of the game, using whatever you happen to have to hand, no matter how rubbish some of it may seem. Your enemies are equally weak, so if you know how to handle your small force effectively, you can make big gains very quickly without much fear of running into anything bigger and stronger than you can handle. In the later game though, big armies are everywhere, so it's wise to use them whenever you go wandering off into territory that you're not sure is completely safe. That said, you can still use small numbers of troops to devastating effect. On German campaigns, I like to send some "pirates" deep into enemy waters and raid poorly defended cities, using nothing more than a general, a few warbands, an archer and some axemen. Use spies to make sure there's nothing big nearby which can surprise them though.
Erzin
Legionary
posted 18 June 2009 04:04 EDT (US)     2 / 2       
As the Scipii it is hard to keep up with the other Roman families since African territories are very spread out and do now provide very much economic benefit, especially those inland.

Just expanding on the importance of spies, try to infiltrate every city bfore you siege it, preferably with many spies. If you do this then you have a chance to open the gates and attack imeediately, which saves time and doesn't allow the enemy to rush reinforcements up to you. Also try to improve you economy, beause without a strong economy you can't have a big army, limiting your aggresive potential.

AAR Coming real soon :P
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Total War Heaven | HeavenGames