Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.3 replies
Total War Heaven » Forums » Rome: Total War Discussion » Cannae Recreation
Bottom
Topic Subject:Cannae Recreation
g moore
Legionary
posted 17 June 2009 15:05 EDT (US)         
Hey all. I want to recreate the armies and map that closest resemble the battle of cannae.(rome v.s Carthage, 216 bc) and I was wondering whether ye could help me.

Also which map would closest resemble the actual battlefield?

Any suggestions appreciated. Thanks
AuthorReplies:
JrvUnleashed
Legionary
posted 17 June 2009 15:49 EDT (US)     1 / 3       
Just play the historical battle? And unless you mod the Carthaginians to have Barbarian Mercenaries you can't. I don't believe any map is like the one in the historical battle.

"Communism is like a Mistress you later learn is a Mister and no amount of showers will ever wash away the shame.
Capitalism on the other hand is like the bosom of a women fresh out of the kitchen with sweat on her brow and enough milk to feed a village of children for weeks. And I'll tell you something: I. Want. That. Bosom."
Hussarknight
Seraph Emeritus
posted 18 June 2009 02:25 EDT (US)     2 / 3       
Sadly there isn't a historic battle of Cannae in the game. This might have to do with the game mechanics: in real life, Hannibal let the center of his line fall back while fighting the Romans, but this isn't possible (at least, not to the extent from the real battle).

If you want to recreate the battle yourself there isn't really a perfect map, as there was a river to the side of the battlefield at Cannae, something which you don't get in RTW. Battlefields have a river right through the middle or none at all.

Hussarknight
g moore
Legionary
posted 18 June 2009 13:07 EDT (US)     3 / 3       
Ok . Thanks anyway.
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Total War Heaven | HeavenGames