You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Rome: Total War Discussion
Moderated by Terikel Grayhair, General Sajaru, Awesome Eagle

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.3 replies
Total War Heaven » Forums » Rome: Total War Discussion » no more rebels - question on game files
Bottom
Topic Subject:no more rebels - question on game files
Hadraf
Legionary
posted 22 June 2009 20:03 EDT (US)         
good day ye worthy generals!
One of the things I find annoying about building an empire is the huge amount of rebels popping up in some regions, for example in the German lands. Killing them manually is boring and time-consuming. Auto-resolve means high costs. cheats do not work on my computer.
how can I switch off the rebels in the game files? I had a look myself but I could not work it out. I do not mind rebel settlement, it is only the spontaneous rebel armies I would like to do without.
I'd really appreciate your help on this one.
AuthorReplies:
CaesarVincens
Legionary
posted 22 June 2009 21:51 EDT (US)     1 / 3       
Back up then open descr_strat, near the top there are two lines: brigand_spawn_value and pirate_spawn_value. The higher the number after those lines the less often the rebels and pirates spawn. This will affect only new campaigns. Also whenever you make a change to descr_strat it is a good idea to delete map.rwm (a new one is generated automatically if it is missing) in the 'base' folder.

Veni, Vidi, well... you know.

Extended Cultures, A modification of RTW.

Si hoc legere posses, Latinam linguam scis.
ɪf ju kŠn ɹid ­ɪs, ju noʊ liŋgwɪstɪks.
Awesome Eagle
Spear of Mars
(id: awesomated88)
posted 23 June 2009 03:32 EDT (US)     2 / 3       
Hello

I have done this myself. But as with all thing it may be just be me but even though the rebels spawned less often they were often in larger groups.

Thank you for your time.

Ps can a moderator please move this to the Modification Folder. He should be able to get more help there.

Those who cannot learn from history are doomed to repeat it- George Santayana
History is a guide to navigation in perilous times. History is who we are and why we are the way we are- David C. McCullough
Wars not make one great- Yoda
Hadraf
Legionary
posted 24 June 2009 11:40 EDT (US)     3 / 3       
Thanks for your help!
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Total War Heaven | HeavenGames