You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Rome: Total War Discussion
Moderated by Terikel Grayhair, General Sajaru, Awesome Eagle

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.23 replies
Total War Heaven » Forums » Rome: Total War Discussion » Who is up to the challenge..?
Bottom
Topic Subject:Who is up to the challenge..?
MusCypricus
Legionary
posted 21 May 2012 18:09 EDT (US)         
Guys, i think it is time for me to challenge you to do something fun (and pretty hard). I challenge you to:

-A Migration campaign by Pontus to Britannia.

-A Migration campaign by Spain to Western Asia Minor.

-A Migration campaign by Armenia to Spain.

-A Migration campaign by Britannia to Greece.

-A Migration campaign by Pontus to southern Gaul (Masillia, Tolosa, Burdigala, Vienna, Emporion, Gergovia.)

Who is up to the challenge? (please tell us about the campaign you chose and how it goes )

[This message has been edited by MusCypricus (edited 08-20-2012 @ 07:41 AM).]

AuthorReplies:
Awesome Eagle
Spear of Mars
(id: awesomated88)
posted 21 May 2012 19:18 EDT (US)     1 / 23       
Seems like fun, especially the Armenians to Spain..
Could possibly have a go in the future. Imagine Cataphracts and Horse Archers in Gaul!

Those who cannot learn from history are doomed to repeat it- George Santayana
History is a guide to navigation in perilous times. History is who we are and why we are the way we are- David C. McCullough
Wars not make one great- Yoda
Alex_the_Bold
Legionary
posted 22 May 2012 00:26 EDT (US)     2 / 23       
I think the Spanish one would be cool... But what's the challenge?

Invincibility lies in defence, while the possibility of victory in the attack -Sun Tzu
Akouson me, pataxon de (hit me, but first listen to me)-Themistocles to Euribiadis prior to the battle of Salamis.
MusCypricus
Legionary
posted 22 May 2012 12:33 EDT (US)     3 / 23       
To succeed!
Alex_the_Bold
Legionary
posted 22 May 2012 12:47 EDT (US)     4 / 23       
Oh, I thought it would be "Who can capture X settlements in Y turns?" or something like that. Anyway, when can I consider my migration campaign successful? Perhaps I could take the land instead of the sea route (I fear the pirates and don't trust barbarian navies, they are just so weak). BTW, have you ever tried one of these three campaigns? If yes, did you succeed?

Invincibility lies in defence, while the possibility of victory in the attack -Sun Tzu
Akouson me, pataxon de (hit me, but first listen to me)-Themistocles to Euribiadis prior to the battle of Salamis.
MusCypricus
Legionary
posted 22 May 2012 13:02 EDT (US)     5 / 23       
Spain to Asia Minor: When you have all three nearby wonders (The colossus, mousalleum, and the temple) and when you have more then 2000d in your bank.

Armenia to Spain: When you have the hole peninsular and more then 2000d in the bank.

Pontus to Britannia: When you own the hole Island and again have more then 2000d in the bank.

Good luck!

[This message has been edited by MusCypricus (edited 05-22-2012 @ 01:03 PM).]

Alex_the_Bold
Legionary
posted 22 May 2012 13:19 EDT (US)     6 / 23       
Then let the challenge begin!!!

I'll report when I've reached the goals set by Mus, but I'll take the land route, too. Or I could try both...

MusCypricus
Legionary
posted 24 May 2012 07:20 EDT (US)     7 / 23       
Any success?
Alex_the_Bold
Legionary
posted 24 May 2012 08:57 EDT (US)     8 / 23       
Not yet, as my gaming computer died a few days ago. Luckily, my uncle is going to give me his, so I'll be able to play...

Have you tried any of these?

MusCypricus
Legionary
posted 24 May 2012 09:32 EDT (US)     9 / 23       
Yes, but I have to warn you, my RTW is heavily modded so my game will not be the same as yours
Alex_the_Bold
Legionary
posted 24 May 2012 16:32 EDT (US)     10 / 23       
I started the campaign at my friend's house and I have to say that to have 2000 denarii will need me to conquer half the map. I've reached Byzantium (I took the land route after my two previous campaigns were sunk by pirates) and I'm currently -53000 in the red... And I had only one battle

MusCypricus
Legionary
posted 24 May 2012 18:57 EDT (US)     11 / 23       
That is why I said "...and pretty hard." It will be hard but not impossible...

Good luck

[This message has been edited by MusCypricus (edited 05-25-2012 @ 11:22 AM).]

MusCypricus
Legionary
posted 25 May 2012 13:12 EDT (US)     12 / 23       
By the way, which one are you playing?

[This message has been edited by MusCypricus (edited 05-25-2012 @ 01:12 PM).]

Warlod Redvig
Legionary
posted 25 May 2012 13:47 EDT (US)     13 / 23       
I think I might give the Armenian one a go

It is pleasant, when the sea is high and the winds are dashing the waves about, to watch from the shores the struggles of another - Lucretius
Alex_the_Bold
Legionary
posted 25 May 2012 14:47 EDT (US)     14 / 23       
I'm playing the Spanish one...

MusCypricus
Legionary
posted 25 May 2012 16:07 EDT (US)     15 / 23       
I shall give you a tip: because there isn't much activity in the western Asia Minor, you can spent some time building up. Build 6 ships bord the whole army, train a unit of peasants in every settlements and set-sail. Capture Crete and Rhodos on the way before landing on the mainland. Rhodos will dramatically improve your economy.
Alex_the_Bold
Legionary
posted 25 May 2012 17:13 EDT (US)     16 / 23       
Actually, I've already tried what you wrote, Mus, but my fleet was sunk twice by a rebel fleet of two ships with two silver chevrons each whose admiral had four command stars. That's the reason why I followed the land route. At least I can fight the battles that way

[This message has been edited by Alex_the_bold (edited 05-25-2012 @ 05:14 PM).]

Bloody_Sahara
Legionary
posted 26 May 2012 15:03 EDT (US)     17 / 23       
I will try going Spain->Asia Minor.
MusCypricus
Legionary
posted 28 May 2012 07:24 EDT (US)     18 / 23       
Go ahead, Bloody_Sahara, you are welcome to take the challenge!

[This message has been edited by MusCypricus (edited 05-28-2012 @ 07:35 AM).]

Warlod Redvig
Legionary
posted 30 May 2012 15:01 EDT (US)     19 / 23       
I've started Armenia to Spain, after the first atempt ended with my fleet sunk by pirates.

I tried again and landed on spanish shores by following the african coast, less pirates. I've so far captured Carthago Nova and Olta (Spl ? )

It turns out Horse archers love those barbarians hordes

It is pleasant, when the sea is high and the winds are dashing the waves about, to watch from the shores the struggles of another - Lucretius
Gergon MacEwen
Legionary
posted 12 June 2012 10:33 EDT (US)     20 / 23       
I'm up for trying one of these, but I have questions. What are the criteria for a migration campaign? Do I have to lose the home provinces? Can I conquer anything on my migratory path, or is my first conquest restricted to the migration area? I'm going to start Pontus to Britannia because it sounds ridiculous.
MusCypricus
Legionary
posted 09 August 2012 06:06 EDT (US)     21 / 23       
The criteria for a migration campaign are not precise:
Yes, you have to abandon all of the initial provenses.
Yes, you can capture a couple of islands on the way but you cannot capture any settlements on the continent (unless they are your targets
No, unless Sicily is your target you cannot have it (wile you are migrating!)

[This message has been edited by MusCypricus (edited 08-09-2012 @ 06:20 AM).]

Terikel Grayhair
Imperator
(id: Terikel706)
posted 09 August 2012 06:16 EDT (US)     22 / 23       
Be advised when abandoning your home cities that any faction that controls 0 cities is considered destroyed.

Do not abandon all until you have a new city somewhere else!

|||||||||||||||| A transplanted Viking, born a millennium too late. |||||||||||||||||
|||||||||||||||| Too many Awards to list in Signature, sorry lords...|||||||||||||||||
|||||||||||||||| Listed on my page for your convenience and envy.|||||||||||||||||
Somewhere over the EXCO Rainbow
Master Skald, Order of the Silver Quill, Guild of the Skalds
Champion of the Sepia Joust- Joust I, II, IV, VI, VII, VIII

[This message has been edited by Terikel Grayhair (edited 08-09-2012 @ 06:19 AM).]

MusCypricus
Legionary
posted 18 August 2012 11:17 EDT (US)     23 / 23       
Any luck?

P.S.

!MUNDUS MAGNUS DOES COUNT!

[This message has been edited by MusCypricus (edited 08-18-2012 @ 11:19 AM).]

You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Total War Heaven | HeavenGames