You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Rome: Total War Discussion
Moderated by Terikel Grayhair, General Sajaru, Awesome Eagle

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.4 replies
Total War Heaven » Forums » Rome: Total War Discussion » Family Members not Re-trainable
Bottom
Topic Subject:Family Members not Re-trainable
General Sajaru
Tribunus Laticlavius
posted 24 June 2012 13:47 EDT (US)         
I have recently run in to an issue with my family members. When I move them into a town with an armoury or foundry, I am not able to retrain some of them to the higher standard of weapons and armour. This only occurs with some family members and in some towns, neither of them consistent.
I have modded the game a bit, allowing generals to be recruited at the higher levels of stables, but I'm not sure how that might affect the retrainablity of family members born into the family. I was wondering if anyone else had encountered this issue and had found a solution.

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction." - Ronald Reagan
"Judge them not by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character." - Martin Luther King, Jr.
"Pick up a rifle and you change instantly from a subject to a citizen." - Jeff Cooper
"I like my enemies like James Bond likes his martinis- shaken, not stirred."
My first book, The King's Own
AuthorReplies:
Terikel Grayhair
Imperator
(id: Terikel706)
posted 24 June 2012 17:38 EDT (US)     1 / 4       
Interesting.

Could it be that by modding to allow recruiting generals, the game then considers all generals as units, and thus only allow upgrades (temples do this, by the way) to units recruitable only in that town. I know that when I try to retrain Noble Cavalry at a Sacred Circle of Woden, but the town has no stable, the temple will not allow the upgrade.

Maybe the same thing is going on with your generals?

|||||||||||||||| A transplanted Viking, born a millennium too late. |||||||||||||||||
|||||||||||||||| Too many Awards to list in Signature, sorry lords...|||||||||||||||||
|||||||||||||||| Listed on my page for your convenience and envy.|||||||||||||||||
Somewhere over the EXCO Rainbow
Master Skald, Order of the Silver Quill, Guild of the Skalds
Champion of the Sepia Joust- Joust I, II, IV, VI, VII, VIII
General Sajaru
Tribunus Laticlavius
posted 24 June 2012 22:59 EDT (US)     2 / 4       
I don't think that's the issue; these are large and huge cities where the issue occurs, often, where I can recruit generals and I'm able to retrain other units, both those able to be trained there and not, to have the improved weapons and armor.

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction." - Ronald Reagan
"Judge them not by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character." - Martin Luther King, Jr.
"Pick up a rifle and you change instantly from a subject to a citizen." - Jeff Cooper
"I like my enemies like James Bond likes his martinis- shaken, not stirred."
My first book, The King's Own
Punic Hebil
Centurion
(id: Punic Hoplite)
posted 25 June 2012 00:19 EDT (US)     3 / 4       
Hmm, the only thing I can think of besides what Terikel said is that the general's bodyguards aren't all post Marian bodyguards yet. Thus when you retrain them they upgrade to the post Marian.

Can't think of anything else off the top of the noggin.

I am the Carthaginian who became an angel, and surrendered his wings for a life on the sea of battle.

My magic screen is constantly bombarded with nubile young things eager to please these old eyes. This truly is a wonderful period in which to exist! - Terikel the Deflowerer
Alex_the_Bold
Legionary
posted 25 June 2012 01:41 EDT (US)     4 / 4       
But, Punic, even when the bodyguard is pre-Marian and is retrained in a city with an armoury, it gets the weapons and armour upgrades and becomes post-Marian. As for your problem, General Sajaru, I've never encountered it.

Invincibility lies in defence, while the possibility of victory in the attack -Sun Tzu
Akouson me, pataxon de (hit me, but first listen to me)-Themistocles to Euribiadis prior to the battle of Salamis.
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Total War Heaven | HeavenGames