Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.5 replies
Total War Heaven » Forums » Rome: Total War Discussion » brigand_spawn_value
Bottom
Topic Subject:brigand_spawn_value
renobe
Legionary
posted 15 July 2012 17:37 EDT (US)         
I am wondering if the brigand_spawn_value, and the pirate_spawn_value in the file descr_strat.txt, only effects the Roman factions? I played the german faction at brigand_spawn_value of 1, and at the begining of the second turn their was four rebel groups and German territory. It also made no difference as to the difficulty level.
What gives.
AuthorReplies:
Awesome Eagle
Spear of Mars
(id: awesomated88)
posted 15 July 2012 19:52 EDT (US)     1 / 5       
Both values effect the campaign map and either decrease or increase the rate at which rebels are spawned. If i remember correctly, the lower the value, the more that will spawn ans vice versa. Also, the difficulty doesnt affect the spawn rate of Rebels but how agressive they are. If a large group spawns near an undefended town on Vh, sometimes they will siege and take the city.

Those who cannot learn from history are doomed to repeat it- George Santayana
History is a guide to navigation in perilous times. History is who we are and why we are the way we are- David C. McCullough
Wars not make one great- Yoda

[This message has been edited by Awesome Eagle (edited 07-15-2012 @ 07:55 PM).]

renobe
Legionary
posted 17 July 2012 12:09 EDT (US)     2 / 5       
I have been experimenting with various numbers, and I must say that I am Completely baffled . I initially set the number before this posting at one, than after the posting I increased the number by 50%, and it seemed to make little difference, if any. I am wondering if the number you select is a certain percentage above or below the default number you will get half hazard results.
General Sajaru
Tribunus Laticlavius
posted 17 July 2012 14:47 EDT (US)     3 / 5       
Since the base values for brigand and pirates are 10 and 28, respectively, my guess is that that's about the number of turns before one turns up in any given territory. Therefore, I'd try increasing it by increments of 5 and see what results you get.

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction." - Ronald Reagan
"Judge them not by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character." - Martin Luther King, Jr.
"Pick up a rifle and you change instantly from a subject to a citizen." - Jeff Cooper
"I like my enemies like James Bond likes his martinis- shaken, not stirred."
My first book, The King's Own
renobe
Legionary
posted 18 July 2012 12:42 EDT (US)     4 / 5       
After a lot of testing. I believe the rebel spawn number only effects the Roman factions in Italy. One thing I failed to mention an my initial posting was that I played the Roman Julii before the Germans for a hundred turns an only had three weak rebel concentrations appear in Italy. Outside of Italy they where quite common even an conqured territories of the Roman factions.
P.S. I used the no fog cheat to see other parts of the map.

[This message has been edited by renobe (edited 07-18-2012 @ 01:24 PM).]

General Sajaru
Tribunus Laticlavius
posted 18 July 2012 14:57 EDT (US)     5 / 5       
From my own experience playing as different factions, I notice that there tend to be more bandits in the barbarian lands (especially Germania) than in Italy. Also, as the game progresses, it seems to be that lands conquered by the Romans experience more trouble with bandits.

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction." - Ronald Reagan
"Judge them not by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character." - Martin Luther King, Jr.
"Pick up a rifle and you change instantly from a subject to a citizen." - Jeff Cooper
"I like my enemies like James Bond likes his martinis- shaken, not stirred."
My first book, The King's Own
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Total War Heaven | HeavenGames