You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Rome: Total War Discussion
Moderated by Terikel Grayhair, General Sajaru, Awesome Eagle

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.4 replies
Total War Heaven » Forums » Rome: Total War Discussion » Making a General immortal (Cannot age)
Bottom
Topic Subject:Making a General immortal (Cannot age)
Vegeta9005
Legionary
posted 23 July 2012 08:50 EDT (US)         
I know this question have been asked millions of time, but there is really no .txt file I can edit to make my general immortal to old age? Or even a mod?

I don't care if it make all the other general immortal too I just want to keep my faction leader alive forever and make him take over the whole map with his army. =P

I hate it when I take control of more that half of the map and then POUFF your leader dies from old age when he was freaking badass with pretty much all the badass traits possible... <_<
AuthorReplies:
Terikel Grayhair
Imperator
(id: Terikel706)
posted 23 July 2012 14:12 EDT (US)     1 / 4       
"Thems the breaks," as was said in poor neighborhoods bac in the day.

Tis a fact of life that men age and die. Our Virtual World ages by six months, and from one's 60th year, there is a chance of dying every season.

Some very few and very fortunate generals somehow survive the cycle and are 'reborn' by having their ages reset to 0. This is not often (I have never had it) but I have heard tales that once a man makes it over 120, his next season is 0.

The system adds a half year to the age every season. It is hardcoded, and cannot be changed.

They, too, are the breaks. Sorry.

|||||||||||||||| A transplanted Viking, born a millennium too late. |||||||||||||||||
|||||||||||||||| Too many Awards to list in Signature, sorry lords...|||||||||||||||||
|||||||||||||||| Listed on my page for your convenience and envy.|||||||||||||||||
Somewhere over the EXCO Rainbow
Master Skald, Order of the Silver Quill, Guild of the Skalds
Champion of the Sepia Joust- Joust I, II, IV, VI, VII, VIII
Vegeta9005
Legionary
posted 23 July 2012 15:30 EDT (US)     2 / 4       
To bad it would have been amazing to have a 200-500 years old leader. XD

Also, when I force my allies with Force_Diplomacy Accept to attack another faction...

Why they never do it? I asked the West Roman to attack the Vandals, but it have been like 6 turns now and none of they army are on the way. =s

"Edit"

And they just won't stop attacking my few small army which are in they territory to defend/help them from these massive horde army...

Each 3-4 turn they attack my army for no reason even if I have a millitary access and all so I have to active the mod and make peace and become allies again...

I really hate this game diplomatic AI even my 5 years old Niece would be better diplomat that these AI!

[This message has been edited by Vegeta9005 (edited 07-23-2012 @ 04:33 PM).]

General Sajaru
Tribunus Laticlavius
posted 23 July 2012 20:42 EDT (US)     3 / 4       
Alas, the diplomatic AI and military AI appear to have no contact in RTW (and most likely in BI as well), the left hand not knowing what the right doith and all that.

The only way I know of to make your general "immortal" is to save before ending a turn, then, if he dies, return to the save and try again. This can take some time as he will often continue dying, but it can be done. And the age at which a man who survives long enough resets to 0 is 127.

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction." - Ronald Reagan
"Judge them not by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character." - Martin Luther King, Jr.
"Pick up a rifle and you change instantly from a subject to a citizen." - Jeff Cooper
"I like my enemies like James Bond likes his martinis- shaken, not stirred."
My first book, The King's Own
MusCypricus
Legionary
posted 09 August 2012 05:57 EDT (US)     4 / 4       
Is there a way to make a year last four turns?
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Total War Heaven | HeavenGames