Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.6 replies
Total War Heaven » Forums » Rome: Total War Discussion » Spain
Bottom
Topic Subject:Spain
MusCypricus
Legionary
posted 19 August 2012 12:25 EDT (US)         
Now it is the turn of the Spaniards: They have excellent Bull Warriors! Why don't they expand to there glory?
AuthorReplies:
ShieldWall
Legionary
posted 19 August 2012 14:13 EDT (US)     1 / 6       
They do okay in Spain, usually Carthage and Gaul lose out to them and occasionally the Spanish will come out towards Narbo or even across to North Africa. By the time they do this, however, they run into the Julii, who promptly beat seven bells out of them. Bull Warriors have never bothered me much, they're very strong on missiles and have two hit points, other than that they're not much to rave about.

Just in case you're also wondering what the Mundus Magnus situation is, there are many more cities in Spain and Gaul doesn't have a presence there at all. This is good news for Spain, however Carthage occupy several new cities and they are much stronger. They pin Spain back quite severely, as do Gaul who have no immediate opposition where they start so they can expand and become strong.
Thompsoncs
Legionary
posted 19 August 2012 17:15 EDT (US)     2 / 6       
In nearly every campaign I played Spain takes Corduba. The Gauls tend to be tougher in spain, but have their focus elsewhere. So Spain can easily unit the iberian lands.

Once I've seen them conquering provinces in Africa, but by that time the julii were attacking them.
MusCypricus
Legionary
posted 20 August 2012 09:05 EDT (US)     3 / 6       
But what about scuttarii (sp?) they are very "romanized"
General Sajaru
Tribunus Laticlavius
posted 20 August 2012 09:27 EDT (US)     4 / 6       
Scutarii are semi-"Romanized"; they don't have the stats of a principe, or even the armor of a hastati. Bull warriors suffer from a similar lack of armor, which makes them fall to enemy missile attacks, despite their two hit points, in a similar manner to berserkers, bastarnae, and Spartans. Furthermore, while longshield cavalry are decent mounted units, they are simply mid-tier as compared to the elite cavalries accessible to many other factions. Finally, the Spanish lack archers, and Crete is far, far away.

All this combines to make sure they usually take all of Spain, but then fall to the Julii.

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction." - Ronald Reagan
"Judge them not by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character." - Martin Luther King, Jr.
"Pick up a rifle and you change instantly from a subject to a citizen." - Jeff Cooper
"I like my enemies like James Bond likes his martinis- shaken, not stirred."
My first book, The King's Own
SongsOfBeitar
Legionary
posted 20 August 2012 09:29 EDT (US)     5 / 6       
I don't really know much about the spanish and haven't even tried any of non playable faction on account that I don't have the mod. However, I have seen spain step all over Gual and even beat back the Brittons. As I was the Brutii, I hoped they would also push the Julii aside but that was really wishful thinking.
General Sajaru
Tribunus Laticlavius
posted 20 August 2012 09:34 EDT (US)     6 / 6       
Unlocking all of the factions is pretty easy; refer here for instructions as to how to do so.

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction." - Ronald Reagan
"Judge them not by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character." - Martin Luther King, Jr.
"Pick up a rifle and you change instantly from a subject to a citizen." - Jeff Cooper
"I like my enemies like James Bond likes his martinis- shaken, not stirred."
My first book, The King's Own
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Total War Heaven | HeavenGames