Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.6 replies
Total War Heaven » Forums » Rome: Total War Discussion » Numidia
Bottom
Topic Subject:Numidia
MusCypricus
Legionary
posted 24 August 2012 09:13 EDT (US)         
Numidia is considered as the only faction which is actually hard to play. Why? They do have good cavalry and even legionaries!
AuthorReplies:
SongsOfBeitar
Legionary
posted 24 August 2012 10:11 EDT (US)     1 / 6       
I've never played as them but most of their cities lie along the med. sea so their economy can't be that bad right?
Also, after beating the romans as another faction I've seen Numdia take carthage and thapsus so I can't see how they can be any harder to play than Carthage itself.
ShieldWall
Legionary
posted 24 August 2012 11:58 EDT (US)     2 / 6       
I've never bothered to play as Numidia, but I guess the problems are a poor economy, a very wide area to defend, and poor troops until you can get Long Shields and Legionaries. Until then it's just a case of trying to survive, and I'd guess you have to be very aggressive against Carthage and knock them out of the game. If you don't then the Scipii will probably appear, and that's a battle you'll struggle to win if you've just got desert infantry and numidian cavalry.
MusCypricus
Legionary
posted 24 August 2012 12:09 EDT (US)     3 / 6       
What about mundud magnus?
Warlod Redvig
Legionary
posted 24 August 2012 13:09 EDT (US)     4 / 6       
From my experience, its all in their position, their roster is surprisingly solid. The Camel Cav is a match for other cav, especially when upgraded, and their infantry is just storng enough to allow hammer and anvil

It is pleasant, when the sea is high and the winds are dashing the waves about, to watch from the shores the struggles of another - Lucretius
General Sajaru
Tribunus Laticlavius
posted 24 August 2012 14:23 EDT (US)     5 / 6       
Numidia's main challenges stem from its rather mediocre unit roster, poor prospects for conquest, and even poorer starting position and economy. While it can indeed attain its imitation legionaries and longshield and camel riders, its first tier "infantry" are Numidian javelinmen, which are not real infantry at all. Its second tier infantry, desert infantry, are comparable to Nile spearmen, but without the ability to form a phalanx. Even if one does eventually gain the ability to train Numidian legions (which are fourth tier, I might add) they are still only as good as principes. As for its economy, it is rather poor, as Numidia owns large stretches of desert with only a few ports, and is almost immediately in debt. If one were to take out Carthage, and then the Romans early, you might do fairly well as Carthage.

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction." - Ronald Reagan
"Judge them not by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character." - Martin Luther King, Jr.
"Pick up a rifle and you change instantly from a subject to a citizen." - Jeff Cooper
"I like my enemies like James Bond likes his martinis- shaken, not stirred."
My first book, The King's Own
ShieldWall
Legionary
posted 25 August 2012 04:53 EDT (US)     6 / 6       
Numidia struggle badly on Mundus Magnus, they have 1 starting city only vs 4 from Carthage, and this city is very close to one of theirs so right in the firing line. If left alone, Numidia will swallow up about four or five rebel settlements nearby, but they never look like they could be strong. It all seems to depend on whether Carthage want to fight them - if they do, then Numidia will lose because Carthage can make more troops than they can and access to the Mediterranean makes them very rich. Numidia start inland.
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Total War Heaven | HeavenGames