You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Rome: Total War Discussion
Moderated by Terikel Grayhair, General Sajaru, Awesome Eagle

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.7 replies
Total War Heaven » Forums » Rome: Total War Discussion » My faction leader and 1000 horse, vs the black hole of southern russia...
Bottom
Topic Subject:My faction leader and 1000 horse, vs the black hole of southern russia...
Tis
Legionary
posted 28 December 2004 23:28 EDT (US)         
So heres me and my german faction leader and his full army of merc cavalry, sitting a tad too close to my small infantry army seiging Tanais. Damn peasant revolts. They 'sally' and attack my seiging army and my faction leader gets drawn in as AI lead reinforcements. I jump to the same conclusion you do (dumbass AI will kill the faction leader) and panic, but no! theres a twist! As soon as the combat starts i race my infantry around to the side the 'reinforcements' are comign in at but heave a sigh of relief when i see they arent advancing from the edge of the map, so i turn back to the city. Some 'Sally', they never open the bloody gates.... since the damn revolting peasants seem to have got their hands on about 10 surplus onagers and i have no seige weapons, I just sit...

Time expires, nobodies died. I click through the summary screen, assuming its a victory for me (didnt actually check to see) and confirm no casualties listed. Pansies, i think.

The game screen loads.... message... your faction leader is dead....

wtf?

I go to look at his army.

No army. Retreated? I look around. Nope.

Bribed? A FACTION LEADER? Didnt think that was possible... and no diplos in the area.

Assassinated? Along with 1000+ cavalry? Thats one kickass assassin.

So... my armies are retreating from the area post haste. Those who survived will pass down the story for generations. The horrible fate of Adaluuih and the Army of the Cursed.

Damn bugs.

[This message has been edited by Tis (edited 12-28-2004 @ 11:47 PM).]

AuthorReplies:
el_bandito
Legionary
posted 29 December 2004 05:48 EDT (US)     1 / 7       
HAHAHAHAHAHA! Lovely.
Spartan_midget
Legionary
posted 29 December 2004 06:05 EDT (US)     2 / 7       
poor you...This game really needs some bug-fixing.
Nicke
Legionary
posted 29 December 2004 06:51 EDT (US)     3 / 7       
This exact thing happened to me as well.

You're laying siege, they refuse to even come out of the city, the battle results in a draw.

And your whole army supposedly retreats (WHY?) and disappears.

Extremely annoying.

When the computer lays siege to one of your cities, maybe this works to remove their entire army? Since they never advance on the cities when you sally, you could easily get a draw with 120 peasants against 1500 of their elite troops. Their army goes poof?

The game has been out long enough for a bugfix patch that adresses things like this imho (and there's lots of other issues with the game).

Afwo
Legionary
posted 29 December 2004 08:05 EDT (US)     4 / 7       
I dont think its a bug its the same if you quit a battle you automatacly lose it and most of your army.

Es una cosa muy seria.
Theirs not to reason why theirs but to do and die.
Nicke
Legionary
posted 29 December 2004 10:27 EDT (US)     5 / 7       
I think you missed the point afwo.

This happens when you are laying siege to a city and the defenders sally. Then they refuse to even come out of the city and fight.

So it ends in a draw.

How could that possibly result in you retreating away from the city? (the removal of the entire army is a sideeffect of this retreat)

At the very least, the siege should remain where it was.

Brotherington
Legionary
posted 29 December 2004 13:14 EDT (US)     6 / 7       
now i know to watch out for that, thanks
redfalcon
Legionary
posted 29 December 2004 22:03 EDT (US)     7 / 7       
today i lost 500+ praetorian cavalry and my heir that were waiting in ambush for a brutii army to a bug outside my capital.

AKA p90pro, phairho, asparagus87.
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Total War Heaven | HeavenGames