Total War Heaven » Forums » Rome: Total War Discussion » descr_strat file
Bottom
Topic Subject:descr_strat file
robbie_brutiis
Legionary
posted 07 July 2015 05:19 EDT (US)         
Hello

hope your all well

I have been studying the descr_strat file and what would love to know a few things

1) Can I alter the age of my Generals/family members in each place

2) In this file can I change the places under my fraction at the start to Pro-consul's palace level

Thanks for your wisdom
AuthorReplies:
Terikel Grayhair
Imperator
(id: Terikel706)
posted 07 July 2015 09:28 EDT (US)     1 / 10       
1) Yes

2) Yes

But be careful. Your spelling is not the best in the world (especially if you meant palaces, not places) and this game can be very unforgiving to those who do not check.

|||||||||||||||| A transplanted Viking, born a millennium too late. |||||||||||||||||
|||||||||||||||| Too many Awards to list in Signature, sorry lords...|||||||||||||||||
|||||||||||||||| Listed on my page for your convenience and envy.|||||||||||||||||
Somewhere over the EXCO Rainbow
Master Skald, Order of the Silver Quill, Guild of the Skalds
Champion of the Sepia Joust- Joust I, II, IV, VI, VII, VIII
robbie_brutiis
Legionary
posted 07 July 2015 16:47 EDT (US)     2 / 10       
Terikel Grayhair may you expand your answer my dear lord
General Sajaru
Tribunus Laticlavius
posted 07 July 2015 22:34 EDT (US)     3 / 10       
Any spelling or syntactical mistakes (i.e. forgetting so much as a semicolon or space) can and will cause your game to crash upon launch. Be exceptionally careful when changing game files; make sure to save a duplicate of the original file before you begin, and when you do make changes, check them over very carefully.

If you have any questions or issues, we're happy to help as much as we can.

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction." - Ronald Reagan
"Judge them not by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character." - Martin Luther King, Jr.
"Pick up a rifle and you change instantly from a subject to a citizen." - Jeff Cooper
"I like my enemies like James Bond likes his martinis- shaken, not stirred."
My first book, The King's Own
Terikel Grayhair
Imperator
posted 08 July 2015 05:31 EDT (US)     4 / 10       
1) Can you adjust the age of a general in this file?

Yes, you can. In the line of the general's name is an age, conveniently marked "Age"

Example: Severus, Age 50.

Change the 50 to whatever you want. Say, 160.

The next time you start a campaign, Severus will start off being 160 years old.

2) Can you change the type of buildings

Yes, you can. Under each city listing is the types of buildings and their levels. Adjust them to whatever you want, but be careful.

These only apply to new campaigns. The Descr_strat is used to set the initial values for a campaign- existing campaigns cannot be edited (as far as I know)

|||||||||||||||| A transplanted Viking, born a millennium too late. |||||||||||||||||
|||||||||||||||| Too many Awards to list in Signature, sorry lords...|||||||||||||||||
|||||||||||||||| Listed on my page for your convenience and envy.|||||||||||||||||
robbie_brutiis
Legionary
posted 08 July 2015 15:34 EDT (US)     5 / 10       
thank you for your time
General Sajaru
Tribunus Laticlavius
posted 08 July 2015 20:31 EDT (US)     6 / 10       
Actually, for age, any value over 123 might be a problem; that's the oldest you can have a character be. When they'd turn 124, instead they go back to 0, as there are only 7 bytes used to store their age.

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction." - Ronald Reagan
"Judge them not by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character." - Martin Luther King, Jr.
"Pick up a rifle and you change instantly from a subject to a citizen." - Jeff Cooper
"I like my enemies like James Bond likes his martinis- shaken, not stirred."
My first book, The King's Own
robbie_brutiis
Legionary
posted 14 July 2015 17:06 EDT (US)     7 / 10       
After much time at my computer my efforts I've hit a brick wall so I will leave this file alone sorry Terikel Grayhair and General Sajaru
dariuszbogdan9
Legionary
posted 07 September 2015 12:21 EDT (US)     8 / 10       
Hello, the ending age is 14 AD (as I've seen in the descr_strat file). However, I am in turn 77 AD and would like to know when the campaign/game will actually end ? Thanks,
Terikel Grayhair
Imperator
posted 08 September 2015 02:39 EDT (US)     9 / 10       
Hail and welcome!

To be honest, I do not know- I have always conquered the world before hitting end date.

I had assumed from the various defensive campaigns people ran that by the end date, the game stops. Your tale begs to differ, forcing me to reconsider my assumptions.

Is it possible that you have modified your end date? (One possible explanation)
Or that you have hit the end date, received a screen asking to play on (avaailable from patch 1,5) and hit Play On? (another explanation)

Or maybe your game hiccuped and played on, not realizing it went past end date? The end date is merely a reference anyway- the game runs out of Historical Notes at that point, is all.

ShieldWall
Legionary
posted 10 September 2015 03:41 EDT (US)     10 / 10       
I've never got anywhere remotely near it either, about 180 BC is the closest. Many years ago SubRosa did a defensive Scythian campaign which lasted until 14 AD, and I remember asking the question whether she was going to go on and conquer the world from that point. She didn't, no doubt through exhaustion, but the implication is that the date will run as long as you want it to. To the game it's just another turn and an extra number.
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Total War Heaven | HeavenGames