Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.10 replies
Total War Heaven » Forums » Rome: Total War Discussion » Triggers for Civil War
Bottom
Topic Subject:Triggers for Civil War
Great Cornholio
Legionary
posted 25 December 2015 14:32 EDT (US)         
Somehow I have avoided the triggers that bring civil war to Rome this time around. Playing as the Juli I have 65 regions, the Bruti have 8, the Scippi have only 2 and the Senate has Rome. Currently at year BCE 200, all of Rome's enemies have been defeated for 20 years. Gaul, Spain, Greece, Macedonia, Carthage, Numidia, Selucia, Pontus and Egypt have been defeated by me. Armenia was defeated by Pontus earlier. Everybody else are trading partners. The Britons are the largest barbarians and have the Germans down to one territory.

I completed all Senate missions assigned and now am waiting for those vipers to declare me an outlaw, but the cowards won't do it. Scippio is really weak and only holds Capua and Messena the Bruti hold their starting territories and Appalonia, Larrisa, Athens, Crete, Rhodes and Halicarnassus. The Bruti are stung out and vulnerable but hold a lot of key money making and building territories.

Even playing passive like this before with Rome, they never make me wait this long for civil war. I wonder what trigger I haven't hit yet?

Uhhhh... look! I don't know what your problem is... but I simply cannot have students wandering the hallways during class, interrupting other classes and giving prophesies of a great plague. - Principle McVicker
Cornholio!
AuthorReplies:
Terikel Grayhair
Imperator
(id: Terikel706)
posted 25 December 2015 16:40 EDT (US)     1 / 10       
What are the city sizes of the Italian cities?

That usually has something to do with the Marian Reforms.

Also, what is your popularity with the People? Sometimes when eight or above, the message saying you may Seize Power gets lost in the other crap. If you are above eight, you can normally freely attack when ready.

Get ready and unleash the dogs of war.

|||||||||||||||| A transplanted Viking, born a millennium too late. |||||||||||||||||
|||||||||||||||| Too many Awards to list in Signature, sorry lords...|||||||||||||||||
|||||||||||||||| Listed on my page for your convenience and envy.|||||||||||||||||
Somewhere over the EXCO Rainbow
Master Skald, Order of the Silver Quill, Guild of the Skalds
Champion of the Sepia Joust- Joust I, II, IV, VI, VII, VIII
Great Cornholio
Legionary
posted 25 December 2015 18:08 EDT (US)     2 / 10       
Been at 10 with the people popularity for a long time, down to 2 with the Senate. I have a lot of huge cities at least 15 and the Marian reforms have been in place for a long time. I'm only on my 3rd faction leader, long reigns for all of them, the current one usually has a full 10 of influence depending on if he is Pontif Max or not at the time.

I could just drop on the Bruti and take Rhodes, Halicarnassus, Crete, Athens and Larissa in 2 turns at the same time wipe out the Scippi. But as a true Roman how can I betray the Republic even when I know they will eventually betray me. Or at least that's how I've been playing this round.

Uhhhh... look! I don't know what your problem is... but I simply cannot have students wandering the hallways during class, interrupting other classes and giving prophesies of a great plague. - Principle McVicker
Cornholio!
General Sajaru
Tribunus Laticlavius
posted 25 December 2015 21:01 EDT (US)     3 / 10       
And your faction leader isn't even named Brutus.

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction." - Ronald Reagan
"Judge them not by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character." - Martin Luther King, Jr.
"Pick up a rifle and you change instantly from a subject to a citizen." - Jeff Cooper
"I like my enemies like James Bond likes his martinis- shaken, not stirred."
My first book, The King's Own
Terikel Grayhair
Imperator
posted 26 December 2015 04:42 EDT (US)     4 / 10       
Either you missed the message at Popularity 8, or the game bugged and forgot to send one.

Your popularity with the Senate is low enough for them to start sending the Suicide demands. It could be that your Faction leader has built up such auctoritas and dignitas that they do not dare. Expect it of his successor.

Alternatively, if the world is Roman, and the other Romans are your allies, call it a victory and start a new game.

|||||||||||||||| A transplanted Viking, born a millennium too late. |||||||||||||||||
|||||||||||||||| Too many Awards to list in Signature, sorry lords...|||||||||||||||||
|||||||||||||||| Listed on my page for your convenience and envy.|||||||||||||||||
Great Cornholio
Legionary
posted 02 January 2016 15:34 EDT (US)     5 / 10       
I'm thinking that when the current faction leader dies that will be the trigger. He was very young when the 2nd faction leader died, but he is only 61 at BCE 196. He could hang on for another 10 years or more or die next turn. Will amuse myself by going after Hyperboria while I wait, I already have most of Russia under my control. Hyperboria is kind of a pain in the ass as it usually takes a full stack with lots of cavalry to keep it under control but Rome Total Simming right now is way tedious.

The Britons and Dacians seem to be putting the final nail in the Germans leaving them as the obvious next victims once the Civil War is over.

Cornholio!
ShieldWall
Legionary
posted 03 January 2016 03:42 EDT (US)     6 / 10       
If you don't want to directly initiate the civil war by attacking, you could try using assassins to bump people off. I've never tried it before but I believe it's a trigger if the assassin fails. Other than that I'm not sure there's much you can do if they're not sending you any missions.

A new faction leader could alter things - especially if the outgoing one is a man of great influence and the new one really isn't. Nominate a faction heir who isn't going to inspire much confidence in the senate.
Great Cornholio
Legionary
posted 11 January 2016 11:57 EDT (US)     7 / 10       
Manius the Hansom died winter 193, the senate declared me outlaw that same turn. Manius was the 3rd faction leader. Probably will end the Civil war in 3 turns. Just grabbing Rhodes was great, 20k increase in profit despite losing trade with the Bruti and Scippi.

Cornholio!
Terikel Grayhair
Imperator
posted 12 January 2016 02:19 EDT (US)     8 / 10       
My condolences on the death of your Faction Leader, but my congratulations that you now have it within your grasp to command the world within two years.

Great Cornholio
Legionary
posted 12 January 2016 15:29 EDT (US)     9 / 10       
So I guess that the game gives you 3 generations of leaders before it will start Civil War. This time my first 3 served long reigns.

Cornholio!
General Sajaru
Tribunus Laticlavius
posted 12 January 2016 19:32 EDT (US)     10 / 10       
That's not the case; I've gone an entire game with only one faction leader, but the civil war triggered in the normal course.

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction." - Ronald Reagan
"Judge them not by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character." - Martin Luther King, Jr.
"Pick up a rifle and you change instantly from a subject to a citizen." - Jeff Cooper
"I like my enemies like James Bond likes his martinis- shaken, not stirred."
My first book, The King's Own
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Total War Heaven | HeavenGames