Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.2 replies
Total War Heaven » Forums » Rome: Total War Discussion » Formation Problem
Bottom
Topic Subject:Formation Problem
Delcore
Legionary
posted 27 December 2015 09:10 EDT (US)         
Link - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zIBNqqa2Tcw

At around 4:09 the player says to "hold alt + double right click". However, every time I hold alt + right click somewhere the only thing that happens is that my formation is locked in the state where my army is currently standing and can only rotate in a 360 degree angle. What can I do to fix this problem?

Here is an image showing my problem when I select 3 levy hoplites to alt + right click in the back of the map. Instead, it simply rotates the formation.

AuthorReplies:
Terikel Grayhair
Imperator
(id: Terikel706)
posted 28 December 2015 03:53 EDT (US)     1 / 2       
Welcome!

Have you remapped any keys? The tutorial given is with the default keys.

Alt+Right Click should instruct the units selected to maintain their current orientation and begin walking toward the mark you clicked on.

If you hold the alt key in while moving the mouse, it tells the units to mainatain formation yet face this new direction. Is your mouse moving when you right-click?

Double-click instructs the unit to run instead of walk.

|||||||||||||||| A transplanted Viking, born a millennium too late. |||||||||||||||||
|||||||||||||||| Too many Awards to list in Signature, sorry lords...|||||||||||||||||
|||||||||||||||| Listed on my page for your convenience and envy.|||||||||||||||||
Somewhere over the EXCO Rainbow
Master Skald, Order of the Silver Quill, Guild of the Skalds
Champion of the Sepia Joust- Joust I, II, IV, VI, VII, VIII

[This message has been edited by Terikel Grayhair (edited 12-28-2015 @ 04:01 AM).]

ShieldWall
Legionary
posted 28 December 2015 11:45 EDT (US)     2 / 2       
I tried this out earlier. Alt+double right click should start them running in formation. If you do alt+hold right click and move the mouse around a fair bit the rotate feature takes over. So either this is what you're doing by mistake, or there's something awry with the sensitivity of your mouse buttons, or maybe they're sticking, so you think you're double clicking but the button is actually on hold?

Either way, looking at where your selected militia hoplites are facing I wouldn't want to break out into a run from there as they'll go straight into what looks like a couple of units of Poeni Infantry, who will certainly kill them.
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Total War Heaven | HeavenGames