You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Rome: Total War Discussion
Moderated by Terikel Grayhair, General Sajaru, Awesome Eagle

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.1 reply
Total War Heaven » Forums » Rome: Total War Discussion » Retraining Pre Marian Units Post Marian w/out modding.
Bottom
Topic Subject:Retraining Pre Marian Units Post Marian w/out modding.
Grandus Brutus
Legionary
posted 01 April 2016 09:25 EDT (US)         
This is a trick I learned from my friend Greg who initially turned me on to total war, and I finally confirmed it works.

Before the Marian reforms have premarian units in the training cue of a city. After the Marian reforms any units that are of a type in the training cue of that city can be retrained to full strength. Simply use wardogs, and after the reforms Prat. Cohorts to keep the cue from running out. No modding required.

It is somewhat annoying that I now have one city to retrain velites, equites and hastati, and one to retrain triarri priciples, equites and hastati, and no such citys on my egytian front (I always go for alexandria everytime I play rome.) but at least this time I managed to do it. The marian Reforms caught me by surprise last game.
AuthorReplies:
General Sajaru
Tribunus Laticlavius
posted 02 April 2016 22:52 EDT (US)     1 / 1       
Interesting glitch. I tend to just mod the game to allow recruitment of the pre-Marian units after the Marius Event.

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction." - Ronald Reagan
"Judge them not by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character." - Martin Luther King, Jr.
"Pick up a rifle and you change instantly from a subject to a citizen." - Jeff Cooper
"I like my enemies like James Bond likes his martinis- shaken, not stirred."
My first book, The King's Own
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Total War Heaven | HeavenGames