Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.13 replies
Total War Heaven » Forums » Rome: Total War Discussion » MP ideas
Bottom
Topic Subject:MP ideas
Ueriah
Legionary
posted 30 December 2004 07:11 EDT (US)         
How cool would this be -- a screen that lets you customize your general for dinari! Maybe each star of command is worth 500 dinari or something like that... or you can pay for specific talents (ie an extra 250 gets you the Armorer retinue, etc) I think that a lot of players love the generals and the traits that go with them, and it could be a lot of fun to combine the two.

I think it would also be nice to have a feature to let players save a custom army. This way if I'm playing a good amount of MP and using the same army pretty often, it could cut down on the time it takes to start each fight.

Another idea I'd like to see is uneven battles! Why do both sides always get the same amount of money? I think it would be a lot of fun to have a seige where the defender gets, say, 5000 and the attacker gets 10000. The defender gets less money, but has walls to compensate for it.

Other MP ideas?

AuthorReplies:
beekay
Legionary
(id: black_knight_101)
posted 30 December 2004 08:00 EDT (US)     1 / 13       
No, the traits/stars/scrolls/etc would have to cost about 20000 denarii each. those command stars are overpowered...

EDIT: oh, multiplayer. my mistake but in realism for mp, i should say about 1000 denarii per star...

sig

[This message has been edited by black_knight_101 (edited 12-30-2004 @ 08:02 AM).]

toturi
Legionary
posted 30 December 2004 08:16 EDT (US)     2 / 13       
It should depend on the MP budget. The bigger the budget, the more expensive stars are.
akin
Legionary
posted 30 December 2004 09:36 EDT (US)     3 / 13       

Screw the budget, they should give you some land to start with, and as you advance and conquer your neighbors, you enlarge your land. If you lose all your land, you get one from scratch, but it wont be at the center of the multiplayer 'universe'. If you keep winning, you get this huge land, and thus, you can have more denari in your fights. But having that large of a land has a disadvantage, every one wants a piece of you!
One land owner could challenge his neighbor and the guy has to reply in, lets say two weeks in real world; if not, he loses his given land piece. I think that would bring a role playing game factor into the MP game. And you could name your faction anything you want.
HOW ABOUT THAT? A HUGE LAND WHERE ONLINE PLAYERS FIGHT FOR MORE LAND...

[This message has been edited by akin (edited 12-30-2004 @ 09:37 AM).]

Gadz13
Legionary
posted 30 December 2004 10:13 EDT (US)     4 / 13       
I love that idea!!! Just i think it would be hard to get going, and some players wouldnt like losing land cause they were on vacatoin or sometin and couldnt acess a comp.
exe1
Legionary
posted 30 December 2004 11:18 EDT (US)     5 / 13       
Somewhat similar to what akin said: It would be awesome if they let us play campaign mode online, I know it would be near impossible, and maybe not that much fun, but still
Blacksierra
Legionary
posted 30 December 2004 12:19 EDT (US)     6 / 13       
point 1. not that interesting o me
savin/ loading custom army - yep right why don't they have that
No.3 yep even though i rarely play siege games - havin same budget actually not fair - like defenders have Epic Walls and offense must spend on extra money siege equipment is a big "dis-" balance...

Finally - what i want first:
1. get takin screenshots right
2. get replies right at least have the results in replies right.
3. -new- :-) gimme an information when play is desynched so players can restart right away
4. mute button for the channels - damn them spammers

shaio
Legionary
posted 30 December 2004 13:54 EDT (US)     7 / 13       
imperial campaign in mp?
would be awesome but theres one problem...
youd be forever waiting for the other guys turn to finish...
and even worse if they had a heap of battles to fight.

but hey its something i would mind being around anyway.
would be fun for network games i guess not use for atual online mp games :P

samwisegamgee
Legionary
posted 30 December 2004 16:24 EDT (US)     8 / 13       
OR, in a siege game, better walls cost more money, and you have to pay for the walls? So if you choose Epic walls, you will have hardly any money left for troops. I would choose regular Stone Walls if I was doing that.

CURRENT PROJECT: The Battle of Crecy - 50%
Go to this awesome forum if you like LotR!
http://s9.invisionfree.com/doriaththehk/index.php?act=idx
Ueriah
Legionary
posted 30 December 2004 16:48 EDT (US)     9 / 13       
Oh, almost forgot to mention, they should REALLY try to improve the multiplayer chat!

I like what they did in BF42... one button for team speak, one button for speak all. If you really want to take it a step further, when team speak is used, "send" the message via carrier pigeon, ie a little bird flies out of your general's unit and goes to the allied generals unit and then the message appears. I guess it doesn't have to be that fancy... I just hope it becomes less awkward after a patch.

Adder
Fallen Angel
(id: The Adder)
posted 30 December 2004 20:04 EDT (US)     10 / 13       
Yeah, the FPS idea is a good one.

As is something like in AOK where you could press enter and then but a sign before what you typed signifying who you wanted to send it to.

Adder |
"I would like to wonder if Adder always acts like a stuck up asshole?" - Coldviper
beekay
Legionary
(id: black_knight_101)
posted 30 December 2004 20:43 EDT (US)     11 / 13       
^^^ wha?

an- ARGH!

Quoted from Adder's sig:

I hate Santa and I could care less about him. Besides he isn't real. Many folks have made to the north pole and found no Santa. - cool120

damn that cool120! look at the bottom of my sig!

sig
Saranalos
Legionary
posted 30 December 2004 20:46 EDT (US)     12 / 13       
"Screw the budget, they should give you some land to start with, and as you advance and conquer your neighbors, you enlarge your land. If you lose all your land, you get one from scratch, but it wont be at the center of the multiplayer 'universe'. If you keep winning, you get this huge land, and thus, you can have more denari in your fights. But having that large of a land has a disadvantage, every one wants a piece of you!
One land owner could challenge his neighbor and the guy has to reply in, lets say two weeks in real world; if not, he loses his given land piece. I think that would bring a role playing game factor into the MP game. And you could name your faction anything you want.
HOW ABOUT THAT? A HUGE LAND WHERE ONLINE PLAYERS FIGHT FOR MORE LAND.."

Hey I think that is really a good idea and to prevent players from losing their land there should be a little button that will make you unchallengeable until you switch it off but iff you switch it on and off every day to prevent yourself from being challenged it becomes unavadible.

Join the Citadel: Total War mod. A modification for Rome: Total War.
Citadel: Total War
Saranalos and Custer's game
I love my bowler hat!
akin
Legionary
posted 31 December 2004 09:37 EDT (US)     13 / 13       
I still think it is a neat idea. There may be difficulties in doing it, but the reward would be grrreat for the average player. You could just play forever and when you win, you feel like you win something permanent (unless you lose da land back).
To have the company do that, should we bribe them or may be think they would do it because they have good traits?
Muhahahahaha....
Is there any other place people play online other than the Spy Game's place?
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Total War Heaven | HeavenGames