You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Rome: Total War Discussion
Moderated by Terikel Grayhair, General Sajaru, Awesome Eagle

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.4 replies
Total War Heaven » Forums » Rome: Total War Discussion » Need Help how to change/add name in RTW Data/File
Bottom
Topic Subject:Need Help how to change/add name in RTW Data/File
AiDok
Legionary
posted 17 May 2017 11:42 EDT (US)         
I tried to change/add name in dsrct_stat and dscrt_name file.forgot the excact file name.what I done change Julii to Gandiongco Gandiongco is my family name my 1st attempt didn't allow me to start the campaign then I recheck the file then I figure it out what is lacking then i change the relative names in dsrct_stat. Then it alows me o start the game but when I check the Family tree my family don't have any surnames. Even I add Gandiongco in Dscrt_name in Julii surnames.what's lacking? Who ever tried changing names or adding pls help me. With pictures will be more helpful and appreciated.

----------END----------
AuthorReplies:
Dagovax
Legionary
posted 17 May 2017 16:23 EDT (US)     1 / 4       
If you want to add a new name, you need to edit more files then one. If you just want to replace the Julii name, you need to do this:

Go to the names.txt (I guess) in your data/text folder. After opening it, you see a long list with all available names. The words beteen brackets {} are the database names, so don't edit those directly. The name behind the brackets are editable. So hit Ctr + F and search for Julii. Change the name (not the one between brackets) and save.
AiDok
Legionary
posted 17 May 2017 18:18 EDT (US)     2 / 4       
What does Ctrl+F does? I just do a simple typing when I'm editing the File. Simple typing won't work.

----------END----------
Dagovax
Legionary
posted 18 May 2017 00:28 EDT (US)     3 / 4       
Ctr + F means 'find'. In notepad hitting that you can search a specific entry in the file. That way you don't need to scroll down and search it yourself

I always use it when modding, it saves me time.
Terikel Grayhair
Imperator
(id: Terikel706)
posted 19 May 2017 08:06 EDT (US)     4 / 4       
CTR or CTRL are one of the keys on a keyboard below the Shift key (what gives capital letters).

Alt is another.

In using a computer, the Shift, Alt, and Ctrl keys assign different uses to the keys, depending on the combination of keys used and the program in which they are used.

|||||||||||||||| A transplanted Viking, born a millennium too late. |||||||||||||||||
|||||||||||||||| Too many Awards to list in Signature, sorry lords...|||||||||||||||||
|||||||||||||||| Listed on my page for your convenience and envy.|||||||||||||||||
Somewhere over the EXCO Rainbow
Master Skald, Order of the Silver Quill, Guild of the Skalds
Champion of the Sepia Joust- Joust I, II, IV, VI, VII, VIII
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Total War Heaven | HeavenGames