Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.5 replies
Total War Heaven » Forums » Rome: Total War Discussion » Need Tips for modding
Bottom
Topic Subject:Need Tips for modding
AiDok
Legionary
posted 08 June 2017 20:56 EDT (US)         
*Currently planning to modify Darthmod, Making all Italian Settlement under Julii. I already have idea to do it but Any warning what shouldn't and should do to avoid Future game crash?(I know there's a Unified Roman Mod,but kinda don't like it, Rome has really had a hard time against Pyrrhus Of Epirus I just like to edit the current 279bc mod in Darthmod)

*How to make Urban Cohort can only be recruited in Rome and the Legionary Cohort Within Italian Settlement.

*Any Tips how to add wonders or edit the effect? I'd like to edit the Pyramid effects.I already Added back colossus I'm my current game to give Greek some boost up.

*Any Tips what should I do for Persia? Persian Infantry are very weak and can only recruit 2 infantry unit in barracks and addition one if armory upgraded.

*And Return the original Egyptian General to Chariot, the current Egyptian General looks like Greek General.

*Change the Spy,Diplomat and Assassins Prices x5 of its current Price.

*Is it possible to add Religion in RTW and Religious characters like what we can do in Empire total war that we can send our religious Char to Neighboring settlements to convert the population religion.this one is kinda complicated but it this possible?

Ty

----------END----------

[This message has been edited by AiDok (edited 06-08-2017 @ 09:08 PM).]

AuthorReplies:
Dagovax
Legionary
posted 09 June 2017 13:37 EDT (US)     1 / 5       
1 hint: Google

All of this questions have answers. Search for the question and earn your answer!

I'm sorry if I'm too hard, but I don't want to invest my time re-answering resolved questions...
AiDok
Legionary
posted 09 June 2017 21:00 EDT (US)     2 / 5       
Like what I said I won't ask it here if google answered all my questions. Mostly google will only lead me to RTW 2 and without answering my questions. I think I already googling for answer for almost 3 weeks and it takes 3 to 4 hours research.

----------END----------

[This message has been edited by AiDok (edited 06-09-2017 @ 09:02 PM).]

Terikel Grayhair
Imperator
(id: Terikel706)
posted 10 June 2017 10:43 EDT (US)     3 / 5       
Let's see if I have anything in my cupboard for you.

Have you peeked in our Modding Section for tips about modding the EDU, EDB, and other files? A lot of what you are trying to do sounds like re-assigning starting ownership.

Persian infantry back in those days was incredibly weak. It was their cavalry that was so awesome and kept them from being totally wimps on the battlefield. Persian infantry under Darius was decent enough, but still, like fifty thousand went under to eleven thousand hopl°ites at Marathon. Alexander crushed them time and again with his hoplites. Historically speaking, the game portrays weak Persian infantry fairly accurately.

Spy and such prices are found in the EDU, I believe. Check the Modding Guides.

Religion became a thing in Barbarian Invasion. RTW's engine is not equipped to handle that, I think.

|||||||||||||||| A transplanted Viking, born a millennium too late. |||||||||||||||||
|||||||||||||||| Too many Awards to list in Signature, sorry lords...|||||||||||||||||
|||||||||||||||| Listed on my page for your convenience and envy.|||||||||||||||||
Somewhere over the EXCO Rainbow
Master Skald, Order of the Silver Quill, Guild of the Skalds
Champion of the Sepia Joust- Joust I, II, IV, VI, VII, VIII
AiDok
Legionary
posted 01 July 2017 12:05 EDT (US)     4 / 5       
I have one question about unit modding. The answer is not there for this question. And my question is.

For example I mod the units stat. Urban Cohort can be only recruited in Rome.it will effect to my previous campaign? Or I should start a new campaign to have that new unit stat?

----------END----------
General Sajaru
Tribunus Laticlavius
posted 02 July 2017 00:24 EDT (US)     5 / 5       
I believe that something like that will affect your campaign going forward, but if you've already recruited Urbans at other cities than Rome, they won't disappear.

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction." - Ronald Reagan
"Judge them not by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character." - Martin Luther King, Jr.
"Pick up a rifle and you change instantly from a subject to a citizen." - Jeff Cooper
"I like my enemies like James Bond likes his martinis- shaken, not stirred."
My first book, The King's Own
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Total War Heaven | HeavenGames