Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.5 replies
Total War Heaven » Forums » Rome: Total War Discussion » Stuck in a river
Bottom
Topic Subject:Stuck in a river
uphemalt
Legionary
posted 08 October 2017 21:52 EDT (US)         
Hi, all. I've managed to get one of my fleets stuck in the mouth of the Danube. By stuck I mean that I can't move the ships--I can select them, but they won't go anywhere. I'm running Win7, but this happened once or twice under XP as well. In the past (it's happened maybe half a dozen times in 12 years) I've just ignored it, but this time it's a big fleet which should be scouring the Black Sea of Thracian scum instead of sunning themselves on the river bank. Any suggestions about how I can get these guys off the sandbar?
Thanks.
AuthorReplies:
Terikel Grayhair
Imperator
(id: Terikel706)
posted 09 October 2017 10:44 EDT (US)     1 / 5       
A few ideas.

Break the fleet into pieces- maybe the new fleets will be outside the sandbars and able to sail away. It has worked for me in the past.

Try onloading some infantry, then offloading again. Sometimes tht helps, but not often.

Hope some pirates come your way. A nice battle usually moves the fleets. Then again, if you have a huge fleet, they might get scared and swim away.

|||||||||||||||| A transplanted Viking, born a millennium too late. |||||||||||||||||
|||||||||||||||| Too many Awards to list in Signature, sorry lords...|||||||||||||||||
|||||||||||||||| Listed on my page for your convenience and envy.|||||||||||||||||
Somewhere over the EXCO Rainbow
Master Skald, Order of the Silver Quill, Guild of the Skalds
Champion of the Sepia Joust- Joust I, II, IV, VI, VII, VIII
uphemalt
Legionary
posted 10 October 2017 14:45 EDT (US)     2 / 5       
Thanks for the suggestions. I tried selecting part of the fleet, but no joy. I'm heading there now with some infantry to see if that works. I was half hoping that the Thracians would attack, but I've done too good a job of destroying their navy. Well, at least I'll control the mouth of the Danube for the rest of the game.
Terikel Grayhair
Imperator
(id: Terikel706)
posted 11 October 2017 12:07 EDT (US)     3 / 5       
Strange that you could not sail some ships out of the fleet. Usually only the last one stays stuck in the sunshine.

Hope the infantry works. Oh, and horse-riders work too. Anything that walks or rides, really.

|||||||||||||||| A transplanted Viking, born a millennium too late. |||||||||||||||||
|||||||||||||||| Too many Awards to list in Signature, sorry lords...|||||||||||||||||
|||||||||||||||| Listed on my page for your convenience and envy.|||||||||||||||||
Somewhere over the EXCO Rainbow
Master Skald, Order of the Silver Quill, Guild of the Skalds
Champion of the Sepia Joust- Joust I, II, IV, VI, VII, VIII
Dagovax
Legionary
posted 12 October 2017 06:25 EDT (US)     4 / 5       
And if the suggestion from Terikel doesn't work, you can always try to cheat once:

1. Move with the cursor on a spot in the sea where you want your fleet

2. Hit the ~ key

3. Typ << show_cursorstat >>

4. Typ << move_character "Admiral (Name)" x,y >> where x,y is the result of the command above

Or try to reset the movement points, by typing << character_reset "Admiral (Name)"
uphemalt
Legionary
posted 13 October 2017 16:39 EDT (US)     5 / 5       
The move_character command worked! Thanks a bunch.
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Total War Heaven | HeavenGames