You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Rome Multiplayer Discussion
Moderated by Terikel Grayhair, General Sajaru, Awesome Eagle

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.8 replies, Sticky
Total War Heaven » Forums » Rome Multiplayer Discussion » What does "cwb" mean? - Common Rules for Online Games
Bottom
Topic Subject:What does "cwb" mean? - Common Rules for Online Games
Edorix
High King of Britain
posted 22 July 2010 16:23 EDT (US)         
This is a brief list of some of the more common abbreviations you are likely to find bandered about in the world of RTW multiplayer - then you can get straight into the blood.

• cav, inf, zerks, HAs, art, eles - you will find many of these used around these forums as well as in multiplayer. Respectively: cavalry (ie horses - may or may not include chariots), infantry (ie foot-soldiers), berzerkers, horse-archers (including chariot-archers), artillery (ie catapults - ballistas, onagers etc), and elephants. No eles, no art rules are extremely common, and thus breaking them tends to make people most annoyed.

• cwb - probably the most common set of rules, and one of the hardest to remember. You will simply have to learn them: it stands for Clan War Belt, and means you are allowed a maximum of 6 of the same unit, a maximum of 8 cavalry and 8 archers, a maximum of 2 horse-archers or berzerkers, and no artillery or elephants.

• ffa - quite commonly used, and one of my personal favourite rule-sets; it means simply "free for all", so everyone is against everyone else. Although unofficial temporary alliances are usually not forbidden, they are generally best avoided for the sake of your reputation if nothing else.

• glhf - people often say this at the end of the deployment phase. It stands for "good luck, have fun." Likewise gg stands for "good game". Just post glhf to all players at the beginning and gg at the end of a battle, it just shows you're a nice guy.

• Remember: it's always best to ask what a set of rules mean rather than going into the battle not knowing, because people can get pretty irritated when someone breaks the rules, which can result in you being "kicked" from the game. So when in doubt, ask! Better to be perceived as n00b than to be kicked.

Anything important I have missed, please say so.

EDORIX
    ~ ancient briton ~

/\
    /|||| ||||\

(dis ma house)

[This message has been edited by Edorix (edited 11-13-2010 @ 09:03 AM).]

AuthorReplies:
    RomulusofEpirus
    Legionary
    posted 07 August 2010 09:48 EDT (US)     1 / 8       
    the only one i think you missed was gg.
    But im pretty sure anyone with half a brain konws what that stands for.

The Dutch-Moroccan Wars
    War without France would be like... World War II- Unknown
    Researcher for Dark Ages: Roman Revival (now i have something to be proud of lol)

[This message has been edited by RomulusofEpirus (edited 08-07-2010 @ 09:49 AM).]

Liam_the_Spartan
    Banned
    posted 07 August 2010 10:07 EDT (US)     2 / 8       
    Grumpy gorilla?
    Edorix
    High King of Britain
    posted 07 August 2010 10:15 EDT (US)     3 / 8       
    Liam's last comment is reason enough to add it.

EDORIX
    ~ ancient briton ~

/\
    /|||| ||||\

(dis ma house)
    Punic Hebil
    Centurion
    (id: Punic Hoplite)
    posted 07 August 2010 11:23 EDT (US)     4 / 8       
    Might want to clarify about the 8 rule. When I first read it I took it as you could have either 8 cavalry or archers, or a combination of both.

Just make it easier for those who might be lacking in some departments

I am the Carthaginian who became an angel, and surrendered his wings for a life on the sea of battle.

My magic screen is constantly bombarded with nubile young things eager to please these old eyes. This truly is a wonderful period in which to exist! - Terikel the Deflowerer
    Liam_the_Spartan
    Banned
    posted 07 August 2010 11:36 EDT (US)     5 / 8       
    Grubby Gorilla?
    RomulusofEpirus
    Legionary
    posted 07 August 2010 20:50 EDT (US)     6 / 8       
    Give it up Liam,

The Dutch-Moroccan Wars
    War without France would be like... World War II- Unknown
    Researcher for Dark Ages: Roman Revival (now i have something to be proud of lol)
    Edorix
    High King of Britain
    posted 08 August 2010 04:24 EDT (US)     7 / 8       
    Joke's old, Liam.

Punic Hoplite, by my understanding of the rules, I don't think I can clarify.

EDORIX
    ~ ancient briton ~

/\
    /|||| ||||\

(dis ma house)
    Punic Hebil
    Centurion
    (id: Punic Hoplite)
    posted 08 August 2010 11:21 EDT (US)     8 / 8       
    Just add "and 8 archers" instead of "8 cavalry and archers"

I am the Carthaginian who became an angel, and surrendered his wings for a life on the sea of battle.

My magic screen is constantly bombarded with nubile young things eager to please these old eyes. This truly is a wonderful period in which to exist! - Terikel the Deflowerer
    You must be logged in to post messages.
    Please login or register

Hop to:    

Total War Heaven | HeavenGames