You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Rome Multiplayer Discussion
Moderated by Terikel Grayhair, General Sajaru, Awesome Eagle

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.16 replies
Total War Heaven » Forums » Rome Multiplayer Discussion » Battle Results Screenshots
Bottom
Topic Subject:Battle Results Screenshots
Punic Hebil
Centurion
(id: Punic Hoplite)
posted 10 August 2010 16:21 EDT (US)         
Here is a thread where you may post/discuss/boast/complain/rant/etc any battle results screenshots you may have in your possession. This way we can try and keep the other threads free of clutter and keep things looking organized.

Guidelines:

• Remember to post the name of the battlefield (eg British Grassland, African Coast etc).
  • Remember to list any rules.
  • If you wish, give some feedback about how the battle went; how you opened, what the other players were doing, how you distracted your opponent while sending the cavalry round the back, whatever. You may post extra screenshots to make a brief AAR if you wish.
  • Remember that results of challenges to the RTWH Clan Champion would go in this thread, as well as or instead of here.
  • Remember that results which you wish to count towards the Ladder would go in this thread, as well as or instead of here.

I am the Carthaginian who became an angel, and surrendered his wings for a life on the sea of battle.

My magic screen is constantly bombarded with nubile young things eager to please these old eyes. This truly is a wonderful period in which to exist! - Terikel the Deflowerer

[This message has been edited by Edorix (edited 07-31-2011 @ 12:05 PM).]

• AuthorReplies:
    Edorix
    High King of Britain
    posted 10 August 2010 16:24 EDT (US)     1 / 16       
    Good idea for a thread; I was wondering about making one such myself. I'll sticky it if it gets a significant number of posts over the next couple of weeks; don't want too many stickies, it looks too cluttered, and there is talk of reviving the Ladder. (Terikel likes things nice and neat. )
    Quoted from Myself in Clan General Discussion:

Looks like me and Punic are both better with our home factions: playing cwb on 10k budget, I beat him as the Britons against his Seleucids...

...then he beat me as Carthage against my Gauls. (Foresters are too expensive.)

The final upshot is that he keeps his title of champion.

Also, here are three other battles I fought earlier:

This one was the day before yesterday. The rules were: no eles no art, max 6 units, max 2 of the same, free for all (my favourite rule set). I came second and had the highest kills, but in the end I had barely any troops left and was up against Egypt, so... camicaze.

This was fought on the same rules, but my opponent only took four units. He overestimated Spartans against chariots and used basically all his money upgrading them.

Again the same rules; I exploited my mobility with barb cav and chariots to pick off various exposed units whenever two opponents engaged each other, and in the end it was me against the Scipii. I had three chariot units, he had three cohorts; he admitted defeat because he "got bored"... anyway, victory.

• EDORIX •
    ~ ancient briton ~

/\
    /|||| ||||\

(dis ma house)

[This message has been edited by Edorix (edited 08-10-2010 @ 04:28 PM).]

Punic Hebil
    Centurion
    posted 11 August 2010 23:04 EDT (US)     2 / 16       
    Btw Edorix, how do you get your unit cards and stuff like that? It'd make screenshots all the better.

I am the Carthaginian who became an angel, and surrendered his wings for a life on the sea of battle.

My magic screen is constantly bombarded with nubile young things eager to please these old eyes. This truly is a wonderful period in which to exist! - Terikel the Deflowerer
    Edorix
    High King of Britain
    posted 12 August 2010 03:01 EDT (US)     3 / 16       
    In the preferences file, where it says "MINIMAL_UI: FALSE" change it to TRUE. Ankalus used to do that, a girl on YouTube taught me how.

• EDORIX •
    ~ ancient briton ~

/\
    /|||| ||||\

(dis ma house)

[This message has been edited by Edorix (edited 08-24-2010 @ 05:33 AM).]

anonymous3
    Legionary
    posted 20 August 2010 12:26 EDT (US)     4 / 16       
    I think that's a flase statement.

No, I am small words. You don't really notice me. Seriously.
    Edorix
    High King of Britain
    posted 24 August 2010 05:28 EDT (US)     5 / 16       
    You know what I mean.

• EDORIX •
    ~ ancient briton ~

/\
    /|||| ||||\

(dis ma house)
    Edorix
    High King of Britain
    posted 05 September 2010 05:28 EDT (US)     6 / 16       
    Both of these battles were fought with no eles/art rules, max 6 units, max 2 of the same.

Both were supposed to be ffas but in the first one only my friend wanted to play.

In this one, one guy brought along elephants so we agreed to gang up on him (he first offered to retreat them from play but preferred that we gang up), and although I was the first to engage I managed to preserve most of my chariots for the endgame.

• EDORIX •
    ~ ancient briton ~

/\
    /|||| ||||\

(dis ma house)

[This message has been edited by Edorix (edited 10-10-2010 @ 10:36 AM).]

Edorix
    High King of Britain
    posted 10 October 2010 10:35 EDT (US)     7 / 16       
    A couple more screenies I took a while back - so long ago I don't remember what happened in the battles. My usual rules (max 6 units, max 2 of the same, no eles/art).

• EDORIX •
    ~ ancient briton ~

/\
    /|||| ||||\

(dis ma house)
    Edorix
    High King of Britain
    posted 18 October 2010 11:47 EDT (US)     8 / 16       
    Battle against my friend; he claimed he'd got good playing as Spain so I challenged him to a battle. He insists Balearic slingers suck even after I owned him with them even after he managed to beat my Sacred Band Cavalry...

I don't have much time for multiplayer at the moment cos I'm really trying to finish my mod... but anyway.

• EDORIX •
    ~ ancient briton ~

/\
    /|||| ||||\

(dis ma house)

[This message has been edited by Edorix (edited 10-18-2010 @ 11:52 AM).]

King of Kings05
    Legionary
    posted 18 November 2010 08:42 EDT (US)     9 / 16       
    how do i upload an image? i have one battle result screenshot
    Punic Hebil
    Centurion
    posted 18 November 2010 19:21 EDT (US)     10 / 16       
    One way free and easily to upload an image is through imageshack.com. Just simply click 'browse' and click, and then upload.

When you post just put [img ]urlgoeshere[/ img] but without the spaces.[/img]

Friesian
    Legionary
    posted 21 November 2010 11:23 EDT (US)     11 / 16       
    Seems I haven΄t lost all my skills after many years playing other TW games

Hans Joachim von Zieten award 2009
    Punic Hebil
    Centurion
    posted 22 December 2010 21:58 EDT (US)     12 / 16       
    [PNG, (552.41 KB)]
    Rules: 6 units, 15K

I lost, but I had a blast! Started out when the Seleucid had to leave all but 6 units (as per the rules), which left him 4 catas and 2 chariots. I took him on with my two Warlords vs his catas, and won handily. I then made one of his chariots go amok, and his other one was routed by the Greek.

Then it was me vs the Greek, who had 6 fully upgraded Spartans. The Greek had wanted the Roman to help him, but he went testudo for fear of my chariot archers. I had 4 fully upgraded Chosen Warbands. Our lines met, 4v4 with his other two trying to keep the flanks clear of my chariots. He routed one of my Chosens, while his units were chasing mine, I had my heavies crash in, and sweep the line, making them go swordie. I then routed 3 of his Spartans with that charge, but he managed to get one into phalanx to kill my general.

I then broke off, with nothing but my chariot archers and two Chosen vs his three Spartans. He retreated into the forest, and kept his Spartans out of phalanx, trying to hide. I got my archers around, then he decided to gamble it all on a charge. I got a warcry off, and also charge. I then decided to charge my chariots. I won

Finally, I had to face the Roman, who had if I remember right all Urbans. (There might have been a few Praetorians, but they look the same) I rested my guys, war-cried, and charged. My Chosens were crushed and fled the field. I then waited until all of my arrows were gone, and charged, which resulted in my losing.

I'd say I did fairly well considering

Edorix
    High King of Britain
    posted 23 December 2010 03:13 EDT (US)     13 / 16       
    I'd say so too - but in MP, chosen swordsmen are pretty much always a waste of time. I would have brought head hurlers instead... but whatever.

• EDORIX •
    ~ ancient briton ~

/\
    /|||| ||||\

(dis ma house)
    Edorix
    High King of Britain
    posted 31 December 2010 05:10 EDT (US)     14 / 16       
    Another couple (max 6 units, max 2 of the same, no eles/art, ffa):

• EDORIX •
    ~ ancient briton ~

/\
    /|||| ||||\

(dis ma house)
    Edorix
    High King of Britain
    posted 31 July 2011 12:00 EDT (US)     15 / 16       
    *bump*

Please use this thread rather than the Contact Database/Casual Challenge thread for your screenshots/mini-AARs! Thanks.

• EDORIX •
    ~ ancient briton ~

/\
    /|||| ||||\

(dis ma house)
    Punic Hebil
    Centurion
    posted 31 July 2011 12:41 EDT (US)     16 / 16       
    For some reason it wouldn't let me post here before. Hence why I used the other thread.

Anyways... here shall be one of my favorite battle result screens. Even though I lost, I almost won

Rules: No arty or HA's. I used upgraded peasants and war elephants. It was fun.
    Map: Grassy Flatland.

Edit: Realized what was wrong. I feel dumb now.

[This message has been edited by Punic Hoplite (edited 07-31-2011 @ 12:43 PM).]

You must be logged in to post messages.
    Please login or register

Hop to:    

Total War Heaven | HeavenGames