You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Rome Multiplayer Discussion
Moderated by Terikel Grayhair, General Sajaru, Awesome Eagle

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.2 replies
Total War Heaven » Forums » Rome Multiplayer Discussion » Rome total war compatibility problems
Bottom
Topic Subject:Rome total war compatibility problems
Sparrow88
Legionary
posted 29 March 2012 13:36 EDT (US)         
I am sure you brainy people out there will have the solution to this: I have Rome Total War (RTW) Gold Edition (including RTWBI) my friend has another version. Despite having some success using RTW we could never play RTWBI multiplayer. The system would simply not recognise different versions (or something like that) despite adding patches etc.We have since returned to play RTW (which he has now modified) but now we can't even play this online....what's going on!! His name appears in the "lobby" but he can't join the game I have set up.

Help please!!
AuthorReplies:
Punic Hebil
Centurion
(id: Punic Hoplite)
posted 29 March 2012 15:47 EDT (US)     1 / 2       
Moved to Rome Multiplayer forum.

To address the second issue, of your friend now being able to join your game, it is because he modified it. Your game must have the same export_descr_unit, as well as export_model_battle files. I am not sure if this is all multiplayer needs, but it might need more files that I am not aware of to function properly.

As for the BI compatibility, I can't say what is wrong. As long as the both of you have 1.6, you should be able to play with each other. Let's see if Drak will pop by and give us his words of wisdom. He plays more BI than I do.

I am the Carthaginian who became an angel, and surrendered his wings for a life on the sea of battle.

My magic screen is constantly bombarded with nubile young things eager to please these old eyes. This truly is a wonderful period in which to exist! - Terikel the Deflowerer
Sparrow88
Legionary
posted 29 March 2012 17:14 EDT (US)     2 / 2       
Thanks, but initially the RTWs worked....now they don't.
The modification (or something he used has prevented us using RTW). Our RTWBI's were never compatible, we could never "multiplayer" on line. All copies of the game are 100% kosher!

I am having major problems using the "online multiplayer" function of Rome Total War (RTW) and Rome Total War Barbarian Invasion (RTWBI).
I have the RTW Gold Edition, my friend is trying to host the game and we get a compatibility issue.

When trying to use RTW the error message reads:
Compatibility Issue : BI ck: AB98415D
Host BI: (V1.3 CK AB98415D)
Mine BI: (V1.5 CK 7BED2546)

When trying to use RTWBI the message reads:
Incompatible: CHK B8C29E1F:0

Host: AV1.6 CK: A457A5B9
Mine: AV1.6 CK: A457A5B9
Host Mod: CK B8C29E1F:0
Mine: CK ABC0CF9D:0

Any ideas what's wrong?????

[This message has been edited by Sparrow88 (edited 03-31-2012 @ 02:47 PM).]