You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Rome Multiplayer Discussion
Moderated by Terikel Grayhair, General Sajaru, Awesome Eagle

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.2 replies
Total War Heaven » Forums » Rome Multiplayer Discussion » Germania 30K Denarii CWB Grassy Flatland
Bottom
Topic Subject:Germania 30K Denarii CWB Grassy Flatland
Mons Badonicus
Legionary
posted 20 October 2015 05:16 EDT (US)         
Ave all

So immediately after reading KimJongLi's Total Noob Guide for Multiplayer Anno 2015, I went on RTW Multiplayer (I know it says Human Player there, I used Custom Battle to reconstruct the army) and won a 30K Denarii CWB Grassy Flatland against a Rebel Army.

It was comprised of:
4 Gothic Cavalry (gold/gold, 3 chevrons)
2 Gothic Cavalry (gold/gold)
6 Spear Warband (gold/gold)
4 Chosen Axemen (gold/gold)
4 Chosen Archers (gold/gold, 2 chevrons)
Remaining denarii: 188
I think that this is not a bad army, and could be used for Germania on 30k to 50k (except with higher denarii, the units have more upgrades). Constructive criticism is always welcome.

Also, is it just me, or can I only give 3 exp chevrons to my units now? Even on virtually unlimited denarii, I can't upgrade more than 3 bronze chevrons. What's going on?

Thanks
Mons Badonicus

Papers, please.

[This message has been edited by Mons Badonicus (edited 10-20-2015 @ 02:51 PM).]

AuthorReplies:
KimJongLi
Legionary
posted 21 October 2015 04:37 EDT (US)     1 / 2       
Congrats on your first win

As I pointed out in my guide, I'm not a fan of bringing the same army to every battle because you have to tech/build against the faction you are fighting against and for the terrain you are on if you want the best results.

Also, rebels aren't really counted as a faction since their units are really randomised and dodgy, so it's usually an unsaid rule not to play as them. :P You never really know what they will bring, so bringing a balanced build was definitely correct.

Anyway, this army is a pretty good start for your first time definitely quite balanced. You should play with as many different factions as you can to get a feel for how they work and their rosters. Germanic infantry gets especially hard countered by pikes and archers, so watch out when facing decent pike/missile factions!

Also, CWB is usually played on lowish denarii and on normal unit size. 31K (max 6 cav, no art no ele, max 2 horse arch, max 3 berzerkers) rules is played on large unit size and 31000 denarii as the name says, so you should have a go at that if you like larger scale battles.

Chevrons are limited to 3 bronze. Don't ask me why, they just are :P although units can gain chevrons on top of that by killing enough enemies in battle (that's when they glow a bit).
Mons Badonicus
Legionary
posted 21 October 2015 04:57 EDT (US)     2 / 2       
Ave

Kewl, thanks 2 know.

Papers, please.
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Total War Heaven | HeavenGames