You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Total War History
Moderated by Pitt

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.4 replies
Total War Heaven » Forums » Total War History » New Article: The Gladius vs. The Sarissa
Bottom
Topic Subject:New Article: The Gladius vs. The Sarissa
SubRosa
Legionary
posted 13 September 2008 00:13 EDT (US)         
I am quite pleased to announce that our very own Terikel the Orator has graced us with a new Historical Article. As the title implies, The Gladius vs. the Sarissa details the evolutions of the Roman and Macedonian weapon systems, and how they would clash with one another to determine the fate of the central Mediterranean world.

But do not listen to me blab, go here to our General History page so you can read this illuminating article.
AuthorReplies:
Hussarknight
Seraph Emeritus
posted 13 September 2008 07:38 EDT (US)     1 / 4       
Good article, Terikel! A well-written addition to the history section. Keep up the good work!

Hussarknight
LordTaeglan
Legionary
posted 13 September 2008 07:45 EDT (US)     2 / 4       
Fantastic article, thanks

Nobody knows exactly where the entity known as Stephen Hill came from. He was found fully formed at the height of a storm and is believed to have come to Earth from a distant world where human qualities of fashion and beauty did not exist, which explains a lot. Constructed mostly of hatred and contempt, wrapped up in a pathetic human shell, Stephen comes fully equipped with his Antarian death coat, his Pen of Rage +2, and a variety of useful headgear
Andalus
Legionary
posted 13 September 2008 18:08 EDT (US)     3 / 4       
Excellent Terikel!

Insightful and informative.
lmao
Legionary
posted 14 September 2008 12:15 EDT (US)     4 / 4       
He said the Romans inflicted more casualties than they took at Heraclea. Both sources I have read say the Romans took far nore casualties.

15000 to Pyrrhus' 13000 (Dionysius), or 7000 to Pyrrhus' 4000 (Hieronymus).

Imagination is more important than knowledge - Einstein
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Total War Heaven | HeavenGames