Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.9 replies
Total War Heaven » Forums » Barbarian Invasion Discussion » Emergent Factions
Bottom
Topic Subject:Emergent Factions
Agrippa 271
Legionary
posted 22 November 2011 22:29 EDT (US)         
Hey, I'm trying to play a game as the Romano-British, my question is, how long does it take for the faction to emerge? Is it based on when the Romans are driven from the islands, or something? Also, could someone please tell me how Emergent Factions work in general, because I do not understand them very well.

Death is a (vastly) preferable alternative to communism.
"Idiocy knows no national or cultural borders. Stupidity can strike anyone, anywhere." -- Terikel
AuthorReplies:
King Said
Legionary
posted 22 November 2011 22:56 EDT (US)     1 / 9       
emerging factions like the actual ppl "emerge" at a specific time or cause of a specific action. In the Romano_British case they come when Rome is kicced out of Britain and game wise honestly very large chance that won't happen unless Rome is gettin they ass handed to them on the mainland by a human player or all barbarians luckily attack Rome at the same time the Celts and or Saxons will get them off Britain, if Rome can't cough up enough dough to keep the island then the island rebels or all of the above then this faction appears. I only wish I can play as them but can't <
Drakontos
Legionary
posted 23 November 2011 03:53 EDT (US)     2 / 9       
There are several types of emergent factions.

The Western Roman Empire Rebels and Eastern Roman Empire Rebels are shadow factions, which means they emerge when a province of the Western Roman Empire or Eastern Roman Empire rebel. Once they are on the map, generals from both sides can rebel and join the other. They will also reemerge.

The Ostrogoths are similar, and will emerge when a province (but not the last, I believe) of the Goths revolts. They will also reemerge if wiped out, and another province rebels.

The Slavs emerge along the northern extremes of the map in 410 AD.

The Romano-British emerge if the Western Roman Empire no longer controls Londinium (Britannia Superior) or Eburacum (Britannia Inferior). They have a stack of experience troops, but will not reemerge.

If you want to play as the Romano-British, you'll have to download a mod.

PROCRASTINATE NOT JAMAIS ARRIERE
Agrippa 271
Legionary
posted 24 November 2011 12:44 EDT (US)     3 / 9       
Ok, where can I find it?

"Idiocy knows no national or cultural borders. Stupidity can strike anyone, anywhere." -- Terikel
Drakontos
Legionary
posted 25 November 2011 08:33 EDT (US)     4 / 9       
Actually, I erred. There is also the Romano-British Provincial Campaign by player1, which is thoroughly enjoyable. It also won't require any game-changing alterations of files.

You can find out more about it here: http://rtw.heavengames.com/downloads/showfile.php?fileid=4066
It's year 363 AD.
You are Placus Flavius, appointed Dux Britannium.
Natives call you Flavius the Horsemen, due to great skill as cavalry commander.
By Roman emperor, you were granted the rule of Britannia province to deal with Celtic problem.
If Celts are dealt with and army is mustered, everything is possible...

The scenario features:

-Same Barbarian Invasion campaign starting in 363AD
-playable Romano Britons in control of two Britain regions that West Roman Empire holds
-exact same conditions in buildings and units like in main campaign
-control of same Roman general as in main campaign, but now as new faction leader
-need for "mini-reforms", since money is tight at start

The scenario does not include:
-altered data files, since it's not a mod, but a provincial campaign only

Agrippa 271
Legionary
posted 25 November 2011 11:50 EDT (US)     5 / 9       
Thanks

Xingjianma
Legionary
posted 26 November 2011 22:18 EDT (US)     6 / 9       
I actually recommend downloading the mod to play as Romano British. The way the mod works is that the game will be on autopilot, basically playing itself, until your faction emerges, and it might be personal preference, but I've always felt that it made for a much more interesting campaign - you never know what the world will be like when your faction finally emerges.

.\/
/\ingjianma/
|____
Proud Member of TWH since 2007 and AoKH since 2004
Seleucid AAR|Sarmatian AAR | Spain AAR
Drakontos
Legionary
posted 02 December 2011 00:16 EDT (US)     7 / 9       
The Emergent Factions mod? It's good, but does mean he'll be changing the base game files, or having to install another copy of BI.

Agrippa 271
Legionary
posted 03 December 2011 20:06 EDT (US)     8 / 9       
No problem with that, I already have a mod folder (two actually, one for bi, the other for RTW). But I've already downloaded the other one, so I'm good...until I decide I want to play as some other emergent faction

Drakontos
Legionary
posted 05 December 2011 04:24 EDT (US)     9 / 9       
Well yes, but very quickly you'll have many modfolders and no space on your HD! But seriously, the Emergent factions mod is very good, and to be recommended at some stage.

You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Total War Heaven | HeavenGames