Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.7 replies
Total War Heaven » Forums » Barbarian Invasion Discussion » The Best Faction
Bottom
Topic Subject:The Best Faction
MusCypricus
Legionary
posted 28 April 2012 19:10 EDT (US)         
Guys, I guess we had hundreds of topics like this, but I still would like to know your opinion about this...

What is the best faction?
AuthorReplies:
Punic Hebil
Centurion
(id: Punic Hoplite)
posted 28 April 2012 21:25 EDT (US)     1 / 7       
Hmmm, it depends on what I'm in the mood for. The Sassanids have their War Elephants that I love, as well as mace-armed infantry and their great cavalry. The Eastern Roman Empire has it's basic Roman troops, with their Lancilarii (sp) and cataphract cavalry. Basically the best of Roman + best of the East. But then there are the Franks. Able to horde and gain lots of money from the start, they also have the Francisca Heerban, with their axe throwing and the armor piercing, what's not to love? Plus they get very, very nice cavalry when they go Christian, as well as a decent starting spot. They're my constant favorite.

I am the Carthaginian who became an angel, and surrendered his wings for a life on the sea of battle.

My magic screen is constantly bombarded with nubile young things eager to please these old eyes. This truly is a wonderful period in which to exist! - Terikel the Deflowerer
Alex_the_Bold
Legionary
posted 29 April 2012 09:03 EDT (US)     2 / 7       
Well, this is a difficult decision. I really like the Alemanni with their Night Raiders and Berserkers, I'm also fond of the Goths and Celts due to their awful starting position and roster respectivelly and I also love the WRE for it completely sucks in the first few turns with rebels showing up everywhere...But I love the Franks because, even though they seem easy, it's REALLY challenging playing with them after hording and not converting to Christianity. Otherwise, it's plain sailing.

Invincibility lies in defence, while the possibility of victory in the attack -Sun Tzu
Akouson me, pataxon de (hit me, but first listen to me)-Themistocles to Euribiadis prior to the battle of Salamis.
MusCypricus
Legionary
posted 29 April 2012 16:14 EDT (US)     3 / 7       
Yes, I agree, Franks are good.
Can you tell me which factions can build ports please.
Alex_the_Bold
Legionary
posted 29 April 2012 17:29 EDT (US)     4 / 7       
As far as I recall, everyone with the exception of Huns and Goths, but I'm not sure about the other horde factions...

Invincibility lies in defence, while the possibility of victory in the attack -Sun Tzu
Akouson me, pataxon de (hit me, but first listen to me)-Themistocles to Euribiadis prior to the battle of Salamis.
MusCypricus
Legionary
posted 30 April 2012 15:03 EDT (US)     5 / 7       
Guys, let me add something to the question:
What I mean is "What is the easiest fraction to play which ALSO can build ports"
Alex_the_Bold
Legionary
posted 30 April 2012 16:42 EDT (US)     6 / 7       
Well, it depends on your style of battle, but if you like a heavy cavalry faction with amazing shock infantry which can hold a line for long enough, then your best choice are the Sassanids. They have a quite safe starting position, a very good early army with many Clibanarii and they can also train Elephants

Also the Franks is an amazing faction to play with many interesting units, especially after converting to christianity,as they have the powerful Paladins and they can expand almost to any direction, either uniting Germania or conquering the WRE. Plus, you don't have to worry about losing, as the Franks can horde...

You may believe that the ERE is quite easy, but their units have immense upkeep cost and they are attacked from all sides...

Drakontos
Legionary
posted 30 April 2012 18:23 EDT (US)     7 / 7       
The ERE *is* easy. Dedicate your first turns to removing all pagan shrines and replacing them with churches plus building ports and mines in order of lucrativeness, and you'll soon be rolling in cash. Hordes can be stopped by waiting inside your walls, and the Sassanids fold easily enough if you launch a concerted attack.

Don't let your provinces rebel (though they shouldn't anyway) and you won't have problems with loyalty either.

The Franks are also fun. The Saxons too. Their Hearthmen with some armoury upgrades and experience destroy just about anything that moves almost effortlessly.

PROCRASTINATE NOT JAMAIS ARRIERE
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Total War Heaven | HeavenGames