Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.1 reply
Total War Heaven » Forums » Medieval 2 Strategy Discussion » England M/M
Bottom
Topic Subject:England M/M
Empire Of Lime
Legionary
posted 24 August 2012 14:39 EDT (US)         
Hello everyone!

I'm about to start a new campaign playing as England but would like a few tips before starting out.

Where should I focus on first before expanding out?
When should I start conquering France?
Is it important to complete the Popes missions?

And any other tips you can give me on my opening moves!

THANKS!
AuthorReplies:
Awesome Eagle
Spear of Mars
(id: awesomated88)
posted 24 August 2012 20:35 EDT (US)     1 / 1       
Welcome to the Forums

England is one of my favorite factions
Where should I focus on first before expanding out?
Focus on wiping out Scotland, securing the entirety of the British Isles. This conquest will give you a nice secure home base and enable you to conquer without having to watch your flank.
When should I start conquering France?
After the completion of the conquest of the British Isles. In the beginning of the game try to grab as many rebel provinces as possible around Caen to boost your power in the region to give u a good 3-4 province foot hold on mainland Europe. After that, redeploy your armies from Britain(leave a good professional garrison to deal with rebels, surprise attacks etc). With this large, mostly experienced army you should be able to take down France pretty hard.
Is it important to complete the Popes missions?
The pope can be difficult. One the one hand, completing his easy missions such as recruiting a priest and building a church should be done, whilst on the other, sometimes his missions will hinder your progress. For instance, When attacking scotland, try to have a ballista or similar to avoid the seige and take Edinburugh in one turn. This will allow you to avoid the " dont attack this faction" mission resulting in poor relations and sometimes even excommunication. For more details see here.

I wrote an article on the English campaign. You can find it here.
For oppening moves, look here.

Those who cannot learn from history are doomed to repeat it- George Santayana
History is a guide to navigation in perilous times. History is who we are and why we are the way we are- David C. McCullough
Wars not make one great- Yoda
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Total War Heaven | HeavenGames