You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Medieval 2 Strategy Discussion
Moderated by SwampRat

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.3 replies
Total War Heaven » Forums » Medieval 2 Strategy Discussion » military power decrease 'reputation'?
Bottom
Topic Subject:military power decrease 'reputation'?
michael js
Legionary
posted 29 April 2013 06:56 EDT (US)         
Sorry for making a thread again, but I'm confused. I'm try to keep good relation with 'future friend'. I'm spain, alliance with Portugal, HRE, Papal States and England. I'm try to do another guide suggestions to keep good reputation, occupy settlements, releasing pow, and don't declare war but wait them to attack me. I'm now at war at France and Egypt(because a crusade). My power and teritory increasing over time to 'respectable' power. Then a war break 'england vs scotland' and 'HRE vs Venice'. But suddenly, my relation with HRE and England become reasonable, both from 'good'. Both of them I give 1000 so they become amiable. Next turn, now my relation with portugal become 'reasonable' toooo , the portugal have no enemies at all except rebels, and me with portugal both have military access. My reputation also still mixed. Does the power of military decrease the relation with other nation or reputation?

And does using spy and assassins without getting killed or failed mission make your reputation decrease?

Thanks.
AuthorReplies:
SwampRat
M2TW Ladder Leader
posted 29 April 2013 14:55 EDT (US)     1 / 3       
This guide gives some advice on being seen as reputable, which is one of the two main indicators.

Your actions can impact on the relations with specific factions and they can also change your global reputation (which you can see for each faction as 'reliable', 'trustworthy', 'despicable' etc).

From what I've seen in faction standings files, spying and assassination attempts do have negative impacts on the target, their allies and your global reputation.

Other important factors (beyond ones such as attacking people and diplomacy) are:
- being allied (improves relations with your allies and their allies, worsens it with their enemies)
- trading (worsens relations with enemies)
- being one of the leading factions, referred to as 'tall poppy' generally
- being reputable/disreputable
michael js
Legionary
posted 29 April 2013 19:57 EDT (US)     2 / 3       
Ok, I'm already read the guide, good guide for being a 'gentleman'. But one more question : how to 'bait' an enemy so they will attack us first?

Thanks.
tozapeloda78
Legionary
posted 30 April 2013 07:22 EDT (US)     3 / 3       
When I want to declare war on someone Christian, while being christian, I always try to insult them, demand settlements, and use the accept or we will attack. They wont accept these things, but instead, sometimes, declare you war. Also something that might work is trying to kill their generals with really bad assassins, it will never kill anything, but make them mad at you.

My family since rome 2 has come out: "he just isnt the same anymore, and keeps screaming RAMMING SPEED al the time..."
God naval battles are awesome
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Total War Heaven | HeavenGames