You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Medieval 2 Multiplayer Discussion and Hotseat Forum
Moderated by SwampRat

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.157 replies, Sticky
Total War Heaven » Forums » Medieval 2 Multiplayer Discussion and Hotseat Forum » M2TWH Ladder- General Thread
Bottom
Topic Subject:M2TWH Ladder- General Thread
« Previous Page  1 ··· 5 6 7  Next Page »
EnemyofJupitor
HG Alumnus Superbus
posted 22 August 2007 08:31 EDT (US)         
For information on the ladder please check the links below-

Relevant threads on M2TWH-

Use this thread to report problems with the ladder, disagreements with other forumers regarding games, or just comment on it. We will attempt to resolve any mishaps as quickly as we can.

Suggestions for the ladder are always welcomed!

And I shall go Softly into the Night Taking my Dreams As will You

[This message has been edited by EnemyofJupitor (edited 03-16-2008 @ 06:40 AM).]

AuthorReplies:
gazsmith6
Legionary
posted 08 October 2008 07:59 EDT (US)     151 / 157       
I'm freeee (sorry bad impression of John Inman) most of the time. Easier to email me direct. Don't worry i check my junk box too :-)
LordTaeglan
Legionary
posted 19 October 2008 05:26 EDT (US)     152 / 157       
Quick Question sorry, are you under any obligations to play a certain number of games?

Nobody knows exactly where the entity known as Stephen Hill came from. He was found fully formed at the height of a storm and is believed to have come to Earth from a distant world where human qualities of fashion and beauty did not exist, which explains a lot. Constructed mostly of hatred and contempt, wrapped up in a pathetic human shell, Stephen comes fully equipped with his Antarian death coat, his Pen of Rage +2, and a variety of useful headgear
SwampRat
M2TW Ladder Leader
posted 19 October 2008 06:13 EDT (US)     153 / 157       
Currently no, and I think it's very likely to remain that way since otherwise it could be quite hard to administer etc as well as not being quite what people were looking for (i.e. it's for fun rather than much else).

There's a proposal to move to a season based ladder and that'd mean that if you didn't play in a season you'd not be included in the rankings.

Were you looking at a minimum level of playing be a good or bad idea?

EoJ - you still need to update the ladder for thrashing me yesterday - I want to know if I'm still top :0). Oh and remember the Pavia replay too - from my side at least that was a good game.
LordTaeglan
Legionary
posted 19 October 2008 06:28 EDT (US)     154 / 157       
I was wondering about joining, but I may not be able to play lots of matches, I should think I could manage at least once a month, probably more though

Nobody knows exactly where the entity known as Stephen Hill came from. He was found fully formed at the height of a storm and is believed to have come to Earth from a distant world where human qualities of fashion and beauty did not exist, which explains a lot. Constructed mostly of hatred and contempt, wrapped up in a pathetic human shell, Stephen comes fully equipped with his Antarian death coat, his Pen of Rage +2, and a variety of useful headgear
EnemyofJupitor
HG Alumnus Superbus
posted 19 October 2008 06:46 EDT (US)     155 / 157       
Yeah, I ran out of time last night

Swamp's still 1st, and I've moved up to 4th

And I shall go Softly into the Night Taking my Dreams As will You

[This message has been edited by EnemyofJupitor (edited 10-19-2008 @ 06:52 AM).]

Philip Regent
Legionary
posted 19 March 2012 10:28 EDT (US)     156 / 157       
This is probably wrong thread to ask, but getting to know the system here...Any chance that ladder sign-ups are taken?? I already did post my names and email.
...snip...

Welcome to the forum Philip, might I recommend a brief read here - I suspect that you weren't doing anything overly wrong, but it could have led to awkward discussions.

Please see my general response below.

Regards

SwampRat

[This message has been edited by SwampRat (edited 03-20-2012 @ 08:39 AM).]

SwampRat
M2TW Ladder Leader
posted 20 March 2012 08:54 EDT (US)     157 / 157       
Welcome to the forums Philip Regent. Unfortunately, the ladder finished after one season and hasn't been kicked back into life, mainly due to both EoJ and me being a touch short on time to administer and promote it.

If you (or anyone else) would like to take on the mantle and relaunch the ladder then EoJ would, I'm sure, be willing to discuss what's needed to run it again and give any help required, post news as required etc. This is where lots of people rushing in and showing their interest in participating / support / volunteering would be excellent, but rather unlikely...

The general requirements to participate, if it launches again, will be simply to have access to online play (e.g. a game with valid CD key, Gamespyid.com registration and to be up to date with patches) and to be available for games on a reasonable basis. The last iteration was relatively informal without any player being required to play the person above/below them, making challenges / responsiveness less important than some types of ladder. Of course running scared from an opponent would never be supported.

I don't recall if there were strict limits last time over the use of mods or Kingdoms - anyone restarting the ladder could set such rules. If you've only got the main game have only played at a friend's to date, there are various places to purchase the base game and the Kingdoms expansion, either separately or as a Gold edition containing both. For the relatively small outlay for Kingdoms (less than 7, probably similar for the Gold version including the whole game e.g. here) you get access to a lot more mods stretching from simple tweaks as far as community built total conversions like Third Age Total War.
« Previous Page  1 ··· 5 6 7  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Total War Heaven | HeavenGames