You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Medieval 2 Multiplayer Discussion and Hotseat Forum
Moderated by SwampRat

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.4 replies
Total War Heaven » Forums » Medieval 2 Multiplayer Discussion and Hotseat Forum » An American Hotseat, by the Maya, NO PLAYERS ALLOWED HERE!
Bottom
Topic Subject:An American Hotseat, by the Maya, NO PLAYERS ALLOWED HERE!
Kilij Ae Varyl
Legionary
(id: AugustusCaesar)
posted 19 August 2011 17:52 EDT (US)         
This may be my 1st time with a hotseat campaign, but I have much campaign experiance otherwise.

I am glad to take suggestions and feedback.

So 1st I choose to build roads in all settlements, while maxing taxation. I will continously pump out units for the time being(the nearby rebels have large garisions), The Mayan's economy seems good, but thats no execuse to get slopply as I will build economicaly for the most part. The capital itself already can pump out Temple Gaurd and Priests of Kukulcan. I also made the Alliance of the Sun God with the Aztecs and Tarascans, and I'm waiting for a reply, My only focus is the rebels, so why not make alliances with the nearest factions? My plan for the alliance is to form a united front against Spain, the Apachians, and the later Foreigners. I myself am In a comfortable position at the moment.

2nd turn,

The Tarasca temporary turned down the idea of a triple alliance, but wishes to trade, the only problem with that, being the expanse of land between us, both Rebel, and Aztec. My Messenger is still heading west though. Building-wise, I am now promoting farming, and build farm upgrades in all regions. while I lay seige to Chetumal and Xicallonco, but I dare not attack, as I would lose through auto-resolve, but if they sally out, I know they'll lose(from my single-player experiances with the maya).

"An emperor is subject to no one, but god and justice" -Barbarrosa
"The best fortress a prince can possess is the affection of his people" -Niccolo Machiavelli

[This message has been edited by AugustusCaesar (edited 08-19-2011 @ 10:56 PM).]

AuthorReplies:
SwampRat
M2TW Ladder Leader
posted 24 August 2011 07:20 EDT (US)     1 / 4       
The point on auto resolve sieging is a good one - in Kingdoms it's quite vicious compared to the main M2 game, probably with sieges being more in favour of the defender than playing on the battlemap.

I'm not overly familiar with the Americas campaign having only played once ages ago, so will be following with a mixture of interest and probably confusion.

Economy-wise, do you plan to relax the tax rate to promote growth, or are your settlements large enough that squeezing every florin out of them in the short term for troop production is most important? I can't even remember, is there chivalry in this campaign, or something different in its place?
Kilij Ae Varyl
Legionary
posted 24 August 2011 10:41 EDT (US)     2 / 4       
Yes, Mayan Cities are really big(and still have alot to build before upgrading anyway), population growth will come by farming. I do believe only the foreign factions have chivalry, there is no substitute for the natives it seems.

Turn 3- Sent the Emperor himself to beseige Chetumal, and the prince to beseige Altun Ha. My messenger is closer to the Aztecs, and trained more temple guard and priests to Kulucan in Chichen Itza.

Turn 4- Cheun, the general who beseiged Xillacano, seems to have been defeated and rebelled, or just rebelled. Met up with Aztec Emissary, and proposed the terms.

Alliance,
Shared military access,
Trade,
Share map info,
and asked for a floren(1)

"The best fortress a prince can possess is the affection of his people" -Niccolo Machiavelli

[This message has been edited by AugustusCaesar (edited 08-31-2011 @ 06:35 PM).]

Kilij Ae Varyl
Legionary
posted 06 September 2011 15:45 EDT (US)     3 / 4       
Turn 6-(I skipped a turn)

Not much this turn, but Uxmal is ready to become a minor city, and qued the walls. The Aztecs have accepted my terms. No troop recruitment this turn, and predict the same for next turn. A look at the financial report looks promising. I was at the bottom, but am going up now, while the other humans(except the Aztecs) are going down, slightly yes, but it makes a difference. Plus I have a 5000 floren mission for chetumal, which will be starved by my next turn, and I am confident in our success.

Turn 7-

This turn was awesome, Chultan and Altan Ha both fell to seige. and got my 5000 pay, and a new mission on nearby rebels for an additional 5000. After the seige, I order roads, and retraining, I took the Emperor and the remaining troops together for a 3/4 stack and am going south against the rebel settlement. Now I am both wealthy and can go back to recruiting upper tier units. The Aztecs send word that they are under attack of the people of the west(tarascans), I will continue my rebel subjegation and help after.

Turn 8-

Not much at all, just approaching my rebel target, and building chultans in Chichin Itza, and walls(upgrading) Chultan.

Turn 9-

Still not much, but I do have my 5000 reward target under seige, and should succeed in taking it(I got full stack under my Emperor). It appears that my Aztec allies have suceeded in driving spain off the mainland, wether they will try to come back, I know not...

Turn 10-

Took my target, got my reward and am using leftovers and Temple Gaurd from Chichen Itza to attack the rebels west of Tikal. It should go smoothly.

[This message has been edited by AugustusCaesar (edited 09-14-2011 @ 04:02 PM).]

Kilij Ae Varyl
Legionary
posted 15 September 2011 07:10 EDT (US)     4 / 4       
So far thing's go well, with just taking rebels, but any suggestions about what I do after taking the rebels down? I may just help my allies, the Aztecs, or I could force them into a two front war(unhonorable, yes, but good for me). Or both, wait until they conquer 3/4 of the northern lands, then betray for more land, I can march through his land at will, so I'm good there.

You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Total War Heaven | HeavenGames