You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Medieval 2 Multiplayer Discussion and Hotseat Forum
Moderated by SwampRat

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.317 replies
Total War Heaven » Forums » Medieval 2 Multiplayer Discussion and Hotseat Forum » TATW Hotseat
Bottom
Topic Subject:TATW Hotseat
« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 10 ··· 13  Next Page »
Kilij Ae Varyl
Legionary
(id: AugustusCaesar)
posted 30 September 2011 15:57 EDT (US)         
Third Age Total War Hotseat, vers 3.1, no submods.

Rules,
No cracks or cheats(consul will be disabled anyway)
No human v.s. human war within first ten turns
No good v.s. good or evil v.s. evil on TATW unless the opposing side was destroyed
3 days to email your turn, 7 if we are notified.

Settings:
Very Hard/Vary Hard, This is the setting TATW is supposed to be played on, and since were playing battles, better AI is needed.
No Consul
Manual Construction and Recruitment allowed
No battle time limit
No forced Auto-Resolve

More players may join at anytime, just post your email and desired Faction

Players so far:
Kilij Varyl, kilij45@gmail.com, Rhun
Galadhdor, modderation@gmail.com
SwampRat, swamprat_uk@hotmail.com, Orcs Of Misty Mountains
Boorego, Jordan.h.nwol@gmail.com, Mordor
ElephantLord, dinoboy57@comcast.net, Dale
Joopie888, bertmoer@hotmail.com, Harad
EnemyofJupitor, eojup@hotmail.co.uk, Rohan

Current Turn: 6 Rohan

"An emperor is subject to no one, but god and justice" -Barbarrosa
"The best fortress a prince can possess is the affection of his people" -Niccolo Machiavelli

[This message has been edited by Kilij Ae Varyl (edited 02-19-2012 @ 10:35 AM).]

AuthorReplies:
Liam_the_Spartan
Banned
posted 01 October 2011 09:18 EDT (US)     1 / 317       
I guess I can play, but don't expect many others to join.

I chose TATW. As I love it and most of your rules are already applied in the Mod (Breaking alliance before declaring war, merchants, etc.

It doesn't matter if we don't go too fast anyway.
Kilij Ae Varyl
Legionary
posted 01 October 2011 11:01 EDT (US)     2 / 317       
Alright, well give some time for others, but I'm fine for just the two of us.

If we do TATW(which will happen lest we get KGCM voters in this). Would you like to reserve a faction?

I think I'll play High Elves, but I might change my mind(possibly go evil)...

"The best fortress a prince can possess is the affection of his people" -Niccolo Machiavelli

[This message has been edited by Kilij Ae Varyl (edited 01-12-2012 @ 01:09 PM).]

Liam_the_Spartan
Banned
posted 01 October 2011 15:55 EDT (US)     3 / 317       
It depends what you chose. If you are High Elves then I'd love to be Silvan elves. If you are Rohan, I'd be Gondor, etc.

I would like to be Silvan Elves if you chose the other elves. That way we are both good, and not too close that we would meet each other straight away, but not too far away it would take ages to get to each other.

I would like it if we did AAR's about each of our turns, and that we actually play the battles instead of Auto-resolve.
Kilij Ae Varyl
Legionary
posted 01 October 2011 16:26 EDT (US)     4 / 317       
I would like that very much, I'll be High Elves then. It's hard to do AR on TATW anyway. I would be glad to do an AAR, but in that case, Would it be better with just the two of us? And I'm ready as soon as you wish.

Testing:

Can I make it bigger?

[This message has been edited by AugustusCaesar (edited 10-02-2011 @ 09:53 AM).]

Kilij Ae Varyl
Legionary
posted 01 October 2011 18:49 EDT (US)     5 / 317       
Just want to know if you want more people involved, and how to make the images bigger like on your AAR.

Otherwise, I'll begin when your ready

SwampRat
M2TW Ladder Leader
posted 02 October 2011 02:06 EDT (US)     6 / 317       
Just a thought, if you set up admin mode then you can admit a new player if there's another batch of interested new people at some point.

I think there are details on how to do that somewhere in the first couple of pages of the Americas hotseat.

If you're on the same side, and with only two of you, will you be fighting battles or autoresolving? If/when you come to blows between you I'd always recommend autoresolve, but when it's your elves Vs trolls and whatnot, not taking to the battlemap seems a shame... Ahh, Liam's already pointed that out. Well, great (or simple) minds and all that.

The only tricky bit is which version of TATW given there are so many sub-mods. Will you be going with a straightforward version or picking a few choice enhancements?
Liam_the_Spartan
Banned
posted 02 October 2011 08:18 EDT (US)     7 / 317       
I have the original normal one. I think I have the patch that comes with it that actually makes it playable.

If you want any sub-mods then you will have to wait a few weeks until I get faster internet access.

I wish to play the battles, especially if we do short AARs about it. Maybe between payers we will agree to auto-resolve.
Ahh, Liam's already pointed that out. Well, great (or simple) minds and all that.

In response to the Pics, you can do whatever you want. I do not like the small ones like that, so I make mine bigger. It takes a bit longer but I have simplified it and since we will do it 1 turn at a time it should be quick and easy.

Take the screenshots as normal. Say in 1 turn you take 5 screenies. Go to the file and rename them whatever you want, one can be "TATW-turn1-1", then go to paint and change the size of the image, or crop it to take unimportant bits out like the map so you can see the rest a bit better. Save the edited version as the name with "-1" or something on the end ("TATW-turn1-1-1"), then upload them all to photobucket. Copy the image url of the original and place it in the Url part, and paste it again into the image part of the link, then the image one just add an "-1" to the end of the name. It will be the size of the edited version.
So really it is just the same as adding "_th", but instead you just add "-1", and having to resize the images.
"[url=Photobucket/Liam_the_Spartan/TATW/TATW-turn1-1][img]Photobucket/Liam_the_Spartan/TATW-turn1-1-1[/img][/url]"

Do you agree with this?: I shall be Silvan elves and you be High Elves. We play all battles except between human Vs human. We both do short AARs of our turns. Try not going to war with "Good" factions straight away. Sort out admin mode or whatever too.

I can start straight away if you want, but next week I will be away, so you know.
SwampRat
M2TW Ladder Leader
posted 02 October 2011 08:30 EDT (US)     8 / 317       
original normal one
The current version is 2.1 (he says, sounding vaguely knowledgeable (perhaps) despite only knowing that due to having downloaded it this morning...) I guess you're on 1.1? I think it went 1.1; 1.2; 1.3; 1.4; 2.0; 2.1.

If you use 2.1 then I'm happy to act as a sub (if you leave clear instructions since I've no idea on TATW tactics etc) for any patches one of you is away for. If you use a different version then I haven't got that so can't
Liam_the_Spartan
Banned
posted 02 October 2011 08:34 EDT (US)     9 / 317       
I think I downloaded 2.0 and patched it to 2.1

Why not play with us? It would only take 10-15 minutes each day...
Kilij Ae Varyl
Legionary
posted 02 October 2011 09:43 EDT (US)     10 / 317       
I got 2.1 here and no submods, I'll try to get the admin thing going aswell. About battles, you kinda have to play it out yourself, the auto-resolve is kinda flawed and always either makes you lose(even if the battles is in your favor), or you lose alot of troops. So I suggest that all battles are played. I would be glad to have more people come into this, especially so we have some 'human'(orc) enemies. I also suggest that maybe other players make AAR, I'm sure readers would love to read this from multiple viewpoints.

[This message has been edited by AugustusCaesar (edited 10-02-2011 @ 09:54 AM).]

Liam_the_Spartan
Banned
posted 02 October 2011 09:50 EDT (US)     11 / 317       
So I suggest that all battles are auto-resolved.
Surely by the context you put it in you mean all battles are played?

I really want to play the battles. Especially since orcs are super numerous and you need tactics and stuff to beat them. I'm sure in Auto 800 Orcs can beat 500 Elves, even though in battle the Elves can easily win.

[This message has been edited by Liam_the_Spartan (edited 10-02-2011 @ 09:52 AM).]

Kilij Ae Varyl
Legionary
posted 02 October 2011 09:55 EDT (US)     12 / 317       
Yes, forgive me, I was rushing...

I'm gonna try to active the admin, affter which, I'm completely ready.

Liam_the_Spartan
Banned
posted 02 October 2011 10:08 EDT (US)     13 / 317       
Okay, once that is done I am ready too. We may get some turns in today if you wish.

Once we start we can both make our AAR threads. Should we say we should edit our posts each time until it gets to 10 then start a new post? If nobody else posts, that is. Don't read each others AARs, please. I am a Mod, I have eyes on the back of my head and I know everything. Bwahaha.

Also, once we finish this Hotseat if you want I can move the AARs to the Bardic Circle, where more people will enjoy it.
Kilij Ae Varyl
Legionary
posted 02 October 2011 10:09 EDT (US)     14 / 317       
Theres no details on setting up admin on the Americas Hotseat, so I'll need to know where I can find them...

Kilij Ae Varyl
Legionary
posted 02 October 2011 11:41 EDT (US)     15 / 317       
I found out how to set Admin, so I'm ready now. And 10 turns is fine, I may not be a "greenie", but I know well what your powers are, so no looking at other AAR for you aswell. I would be glad to have the AARs for this at the circle, then our lore may be read by others and told to future generations. I'll start when you give the word!

EDIT: Can a mod change the name of the topic to TATW Hotseat, also I have put the details in the first post.

[This message has been edited by AugustusCaesar (edited 10-02-2011 @ 11:46 AM).]

Liam_the_Spartan
Banned
posted 02 October 2011 12:19 EDT (US)     16 / 317       
I am ready.

I will not look at yours. I guess we should post here when we send the email?

Changed the name.

START!
Kilij Ae Varyl
Legionary
posted 02 October 2011 13:30 EDT (US)     17 / 317       
Done and Sent,

SwampRat
M2TW Ladder Leader
posted 02 October 2011 14:10 EDT (US)     18 / 317       
Ok, good spot on the admin thing - it was on a different thread that I'd commented (here - post 10).

You might have won me over with
Why not play with us? It would only take 10-15 minutes each day...
if it had been 15 min every few days I might have wavered.

If it turns out that you're only sending the save across once or twice a week then I might ask to join in as say the Dwarves - but otherwise I'd hold you up too much. Although 15 min for a turn including fighting battles seems a touch optimistic...

Good luck with this one; being a small game should help. The last TATW hotseat looked interesting but vanished quite quickly. If you can keep the Americas game going too, that'd be rather jolly.
Kilij Ae Varyl
Legionary
posted 02 October 2011 14:24 EDT (US)     19 / 317       
Still, if you happen to get extra time, or more people join this(which would slow it down), you should join in at some point.

Also, I'd prefer if you not choose the Dwarves though, as they are a touch OP, and their neighbors early game units can barely hurt a Dwarve.

[This message has been edited by AugustusCaesar (edited 10-02-2011 @ 02:57 PM).]

Liam_the_Spartan
Banned
posted 02 October 2011 15:39 EDT (US)     20 / 317       
Played and Sent. Let's both edit the OP when we have finished our turn, yes?

Well it probably won't be each day. I can probably only get 1 in a day, unless Augustus is super fast, in which case I could do 2. So if you played it would be every 3 days. (Okay, maybe 30 minutes if you have some battles... Gods...)
Liam_the_Silvan
Hehe, yet another Nickname.

[This message has been edited by Liam_the_Spartan (edited 10-02-2011 @ 04:08 PM).]

Kilij Ae Varyl
Legionary
posted 02 October 2011 16:11 EDT (US)     21 / 317       
Can you resend, It wount load...

Liam_the_Spartan
Banned
posted 02 October 2011 16:17 EDT (US)     22 / 317       
Sent. We should send it in Zipped files from now on.
Kilij Ae Varyl
Legionary
posted 02 October 2011 16:38 EDT (US)     23 / 317       
Done and sent...

Don't you think Green would be more fitting for your sig url to your Silvan Elve page?

[This message has been edited by AugustusCaesar (edited 10-02-2011 @ 05:16 PM).]

Galadhdor
Legionary
posted 02 October 2011 22:15 EDT (US)     24 / 317       
Hi there. I've been looking for a hotseat game, and I was curious whether I could jump into this one with the dwarves? Should be a challenge since I usually build my armies around archers.

Email: modderation@gmail.com
Faction: Dwarves
Kilij Ae Varyl
Legionary
posted 02 October 2011 22:32 EDT (US)     25 / 317       
Nice to have another player. I guess I can handle having a Dwarve player, so I'll add the Dwarves when my turn comes around. Then Liam will send the file to you after his turn, If you like, you may make an AAR aswell if you wish.

« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 10 ··· 13  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Total War Heaven | HeavenGames